Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nightmares before you go to OZ

Nightmares before you go to OZ

Old Dec 17th 2003, 6:51 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Nightmares before you go to OZ

Can't sleep most nights, last night whilst awake, I could sense the wife was having a nightmare, when she woke crying she told me her mum had died in her dream.
She is very close to her mum who is being brave about the oz thing but you cant help feel that you are doing something that doesnt seem quite right.
I believe the dreaming is a natural process, but migrating takes it on a level.
Don't tell me out of a dream of death it usually means a birth on the way, I think i will go & have me tubes tied or something
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nightmares before you go to OZ

Originally posted by DavidT
Can't sleep most nights, last night whilst awake, I could sense the wife was having a nightmare, when she woke crying she told me her mum had died in her dream.
She is very close to her mum who is being brave about the oz thing but you cant help feel that you are doing something that doesnt seem quite right.
Don't tell me out of a dream of death it usually means a birth on the way, I think i will go & have me tubes tied or something
Had one last night (yawn yawn...) about going to Aus... we were having to plan at least 3 stops for a reckie, because of the kids, but only had about 2 weeks off work. It was all very complicated!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:32 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DavidT
Hey David, did you know that dreaming about death actually means that theres a birth on the way .....
......only joking .
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:35 am
Just Joined

starwars is an unknown quantity at this point

We thought we were the only ones with the jitters and getting sleepless nights now.
Starwars
Old Dec 17th 2003, 7:40 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I sleep walk and talk when stressed. Mrs BP has all sorts of strange conversations with me and apparantly I am very suggestable. Fortunatley she is way too tired to bother taking advantage of it.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:03 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

I got the brush off too BP, Mrs DB I know thats why I mentioned it, though if I keep getting the brush off, Kylie is in for one hell of a time. Bring her on
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I sleep walk and talk when stressed. Mrs BP has all sorts of strange conversations with me and apparantly I am very suggestable. Fortunatley she is way too tired to bother taking advantage of it.
Sounds like Blim - he often has strange conversations etc. it can be really annoying when you need a good nights kip. The first time it happened was on holiday in Greece, when he kept going on about spiders. Totally freaked me out :scared:
Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Sounds like Blim - he often has strange conversations etc. it can be really annoying when you need a good nights kip. The first time it happened was on holiday in Greece, when he kept going on about spiders. Totally freaked me out :scared:
I feel sorry for you and Mrs BP but I remember nothing the next day. I think the one she hates the most is when I walk off with the dooner.

It was at its worst when we got here and job hunting at the MILs. Not sure if it was the MIL or the job hunting.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 9:47 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I talk in my sleep most nights and just this morning Hubby asked me who weshboybilly, bondipom and the little Dagboys were!!!

Apparently we were all having right old chat at about 5am this morning!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:14 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
I talk in my sleep most nights and just this morning Hubby asked me who weshboybilly, bondipom and the little Dagboys were!!!

OK ....... NOW Im scared :scared: :scared: :scared: .

LOL.
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:26 am
Kiwified member

I think you are OK Mrs DB, although I walk in my sleep ( and have been known to get in my car and start it ) Brissy is a bit of a distance and I would probably wake up before I reached your children!

Not that I would hurt them if I did!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:32 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hahaha!!!
I do that too!!
I also, unfortunately, have a conversation with my friend Joanne in my sleep - its usuually what we've chatted about that day over coffee. When I say unfortunately, I inadvertantly let slip about a guy I see in the morning taking the kids to school who asks me out...I once made the mistake of going for a coffee after the school drop and he flirted outrageously!!! So naturally I tell my best friend all about it!!!!!
Then repeated the conversation in my sleep!
Guess who slept on the sofa for a couple of weeks!?

ooops!

sue
Old Dec 17th 2003, 10:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Pollster, you sure you arent a stalker? LOL

Sue, ooooooooops ouch
Old Dec 17th 2003, 11:08 am
Kiwified member

Mrs DB - It is OK, that tag on my ankle will keep you safe!!!!

And Sue - I have primed my hubby on several names that may crop up - David (Beckham), Brad (Pitt) and Peirce (Brosnan) to name a few - so I avoid that interrogation in the morning!
Old Dec 17th 2003, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mrs DB - It is OK, that tag on my ankle will keep you safe!!!!

And Sue - I have primed my hubby on several names that may crop up - David (Beckham), Brad (Pitt) and Peirce (Brosnan) to name a few - so I avoid that interrogation in the morning!
Peirce Brosnan??? You are having a laugh aren't you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.