Reload this Page >

NIGHT CLUBS IN PERTH GOOD/BAD ?? question from my 18yr old

NIGHT CLUBS IN PERTH GOOD/BAD ?? question from my 18yr old

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:01 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NIGHT CLUBS IN PERTH GOOD/BAD ?? question from my 18yr old

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Thanks for the patronising and utterly worthless comment
IMHO you rarely appear to have anything useful to say do you...........

I agree with most of what has been said re: your post......the OP has no doubt got enough common sense to realise that trouble happens in every nightspot on this planet! Cant understand why you felt the need to dramatise this fact and base your whole response around it....?
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:03 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Ignore the rest
Yep...like those from people who don't live in Perth
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:04 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tucs
England, Ireland and in between extended stays in America and Spain. Any reason for asking?
Only that I live in England and I dont know of any clubs where you have to be 21 or 23 to get in. Everywhere that I know of is 18.

Marc.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:12 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
As you said. in YOUR opinion

I Cant understand why you felt the need to dramatise this fact and base your whole response around it....?

Maybe because far TOO MANY young women have lost their lives in this city?

Being aware (of the local situation) and from that being able to take sensible precautions that fit the local situation is a lot better than getting a knock on the door by police bearing the worst of news. Chrissakes, even the police here put out pamplets for newbies on staying safe in perth! They don't do that for no reason.

No-one is suggesting her daughter can't or wouldn't have a good social life here, but knowing how things tick in a place helps to minimise any potential trouble.
I sincerely hope all of you who are parents, or become parents never know the heartache of having a son or daughter who died because they went out for a night of fun and didn't take adequate precautions to stay safe!
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...like those from people who don't live in Perth
Strange though, that someone who doesn't actually like Perth is one of the only people to give the OP the information she requested in the first place. Have I mentioned that before
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Strange though, that someone who doesn't actually like Perth is one of the only people to give the OP the information she requested in the first place. Have I mentioned that before

DId they, who was that then
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:40 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

As you said. in YOUR opinion

I Cant understand why you felt the need to dramatise this fact and base your whole response around it....?

Maybe because far TOO MANY young women have lost their lives in this city?

Being aware (of the local situation) and from that being able to take sensible precautions that fit the local situation is a lot better than getting a knock on the door by police bearing the worst of news. Chrissakes, even the police here put out pamplets for newbies on staying safe in perth! They don't do that for no reason.

No-one is suggesting her daughter can't or wouldn't have a good social life here, but knowing how things tick in a place helps to minimise any potential trouble.
I sincerely hope all of you who are parents, or become parents never know the heartache of having a son or daughter who died because they went out for a night of fun and didn't take adequate precautions to stay safe!
Oh come come now. If you're going to be so thorough then why end there? You didn't mention the possibility of global warming melting the ice-caps and flooding Perth, or over-fishing depleting the fresh fish supplies and the big dry decimating crop output so there's nothing to eat, or the threat of a rogue middle-eastern nation acquiring a small nuclear device from a Russian splinter state and letting it off in down town Perth, or indeed the possibility that an asteroid on an 87 year ellipsoid orbit comes flying round from the outer reaches of the solar system slingshots round Neptune and makes ground-fall in (you've guessed it) ... Perth. What precautions would you suggest in the above circumstances ... hmmm? I think we're all agreed we'd like to stay safe and I for one eagerly anticipate further words of wisdom from you.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:27 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

You haven't mentioned what might happen if all the animals escape from Perth Zoo... I mean, what if the animals attack the nightclubbers? Even worse, what if they join in with the dancing and we can't tell them apart.

We should be told.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:28 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Hutch
Oh come come now. If you're going to be so thorough then why end there? You didn't mention the possibility of global warming melting the ice-caps and flooding Perth, or over-fishing depleting the fresh fish supplies and the big dry decimating crop output so there's nothing to eat, or the threat of a rogue middle-eastern nation acquiring a small nuclear device from a Russian splinter state and letting it off in down town Perth, or indeed the possibility that an asteroid on an 87 year ellipsoid orbit comes flying round from the outer reaches of the solar system slingshots round Neptune and makes ground-fall in (you've guessed it) ... Perth. What precautions would you suggest in the above circumstances ... hmmm? I think we're all agreed we'd like to stay safe and I for one eagerly anticipate further words of wisdom from you.
I think the OP would prefer sensible comments
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:29 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by iPom
You haven't mentioned what might happen if all the animals escape from Perth Zoo... I mean, what if the animals attack the nightclubbers? Even worse, what if they join in with the dancing and we can't tell them apart.

We should be told.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We should be told.
I have this bizarre image of zebras boppng round their handbags whilst a lion prowls the dance floor looking for someone cute to spend the evening with
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:32 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I have this bizarre image of zebras boppng round their handbags whilst a lion prowls the dance floor looking for someone cute to spend the evening with

Not to mention what the Hippo's are doing....:scared: :scared:
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We should be told.
now you are being silly because anyone who knows anything about Perth knows that the animals would have to cross the river to get to the main nightclub areas

Last edited by northernbird; Jan 3rd 2007 at 10:38 am.
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Well silly comments invoke silly images
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 10:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think the OP got sensible comments - Post 5 of the thread seemed like the perfect answer to the question really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.