Reload this Page >

NIGHT CLUBS IN PERTH GOOD/BAD ?? question from my 18yr old

NIGHT CLUBS IN PERTH GOOD/BAD ?? question from my 18yr old

Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NIGHT CLUBS IN PERTH GOOD/BAD ?? question from my 18yr old

Originally Posted by tucs
are you allowed to go to night clubs at 18 years of age?

only if your wear really , really high heels
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:15 pm
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tucs
just wondering as at home its 21 or some clubs 23. Thought it was the same everywhere.
I was just wondering, where were you from prior to being in Perth?

Marc.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 12:42 am
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deb-n-rob2006
Hi there all ,

We are going out to perth in March and my daughter is getting cold feet. She has only just turned 18 and has started get into the club scene with her mates (legally ) she wanted to know how many nightspots there were in perth , of even what the night life is going to be like. She will be coming over with us on her own and is giving me earache about having nobody to go out with her own age. Can you please give me some good news to tell her

thanks debs
Hello there, there are heaps of pubs, clubs and all the rest in Perth, there are several hotspots - Northbridge, Fremantle, and Subiaco. The youngsters seems to like Northbridge best, though that is where most trouble seems to occur. "Locals" are also becoming more popular, there is a big one near me, the Carine Glades (in Duncriag) that has a massive line out the front most Friday nights. The hardest part will be finding people to go to these places with - If I was younger I would offer to take her myself. But, if your daughter is friendly, and starts studying and working part time or full time, she will soon make friends. You can also use websites on here and other sites such as poms in perth etc

Tell your daughter not to worry, there is heaps of nightlife in perth!
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 6:42 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

I was out in Northbridge recently and had a great time (although did feel old ). Your daughter will love it !! Oh and BTW didn't see any trouble at all (although yes I know it happens).

I used to go to Birmingham city centre and also would have a great time but would always see some sort of trouble going on.

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:01 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
I was out in Northbridge recently and had a great time (although did feel old ). Your daughter will love it !! Oh and BTW didn't see any trouble at all (although yes I know it happens).

I'd agree - I was in Subiaco on a Saturday night a couple of weeks back and had a great time - got very pissed, felt very old and didn't see any trouble nor did I feel any tension bubbling up.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:44 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
This thread has degenerated into a farce, hysteria and paranoia. Jesus, Perth aint nowhere as bad as my old haunt in Newcastle. Kiwichild, get a grip will you.

Wasn't the OP asking about nightclubs in Perth?
YES. And I was suggesting a safe way for her daughter to make new freindships and so develop a group of people she might go for a night with. I make no apology for pointing out the fact that Perth has a dangerous reputation for young women going out at night. I strongly advise against any young woman going out late at night here by herself.

Of course 99% who go out probably have no problems whatsoever BUT that does not rule out the need to take sensible precautions. When I was in London, I could go out with a few people, or by myself. Times have moved on and I don't know what the situation is like in London (or other UK cities now), but I do know what it's like in Perth.

For Godsake, one of the women murdered was a lawyer and another a pre-school teacher both out with friends and both at top nightspot venues. These weren't naive young girls.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 7:51 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
We know that you guys don't like Perth, but give the poor people a break as they might actually like it Let them decide
Has nothing to do with whether or not I like perth. My comments were posted to inform and make suggestions that would help them and minimise any potential problems. Perth isn't Adelaide (more's the pity)
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Has nothing to do with whether or not I like perth. My comments were posted to inform and make suggestions that would help them and minimise any potential problems. Perth isn't Adelaide (more's the pity)

I know you started out that way mate. But you do sometimes get carried away
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:10 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Has nothing to do with whether or not I like perth.

I personally think this is everything to do with it - you don't like Perth and can only view with a jaundiced eye. You don't come across as giving an objective view - only how you have experienced Perth which isn't the same experience as a lot of others living in Perth who have found it to be a welcoming and friendly city (esp. in comparison from where they have lived previously).
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:14 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by sme
I personally think this is everything to do with it - you don't like Perth and can only view with a jaundiced eye. You don't come across as giving an objective view - only how you have experienced Perth which isn't the same experience as a lot of others living in Perth who have found it to be a welcoming and friendly city (esp. in comparison from where they have lived previously).
You can say what you like it doesn't change the fact that many young women have been murdered here in recent years, and only the other week the body of a 16yr old girl from the UK was found in a wheelie bin and two teenage girls she had befriended charged with her murder.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:19 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by Wendy
I know you started out that way mate. But you do sometimes get carried away
Some seem to find a new and more indepth meaning into posts and then feel the need to run the gauntlet with it, as if I had committed some almighty awful sin LOL

Seems to me that some just don't like it when you post anything that detracts from their wish for all to believe OZ is some enchanted fairytale land.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:23 am
sme
......in the sand !

You can say what you like it doesn't change the fact that many young women have been murdered here in recent years, and only the other week the body of a 16yr old girl from the UK was found in a wheelie bin and two teenage girls she had befriended charged with her murder.

Now why doesn't your response surprise me - shall we go on to "debate" the violence/murder/crime rates in areas round the world and Perths standing amongst them all .
I don't think so because the same old arguements get churned up.

I just think its a shame that the OP who is probably well aware of the risks involved with young girls going out in a large city has been soured by yuor negative view of Perth.
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:29 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by sme
Now why doesn't your response surprise me - shall we go on to "debate" the violence/murder/crime rates in areas round the world and Perths standing amongst them all .
I don't think so because the same old arguements get churned up.

I just think its a shame that the OP who is probably well aware of the risks involved with young girls going out in a large city has been soured by yuor negative view of Perth.
Get a grip mate. They only have to check and they'll find out I'm telling the truth. I don't give a shite whether people move to perth or not. If you bothered to read my original post you'd see it was to inform and advise, not to tell them not to come here
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:43 am
sme
......in the sand !

you'd see it was to inform and advise,
Not however about what they were asking about

I don't give a shite whether people move to perth or not.

I think you protest too loudly for this to be true.

Get a grip mate
Unfortunately you are not my mate
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 7:29 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Marcopolo
I was just wondering, where were you from prior to being in Perth?

Marc.
England, Ireland and in between extended stays in America and Spain. Any reason for asking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.