Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:15 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Hi,

Can anyone who already lives in Perth, tell me about some nice areas/suburbs and why they like where they live?

I know it depends on what you like, but it would be nice to get a picture of what it is like to live there,

Thanks

Tia
Old Jun 9th 2005, 1:19 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice suburbs to live in Perth area?

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Hi,

Can anyone who already lives in Perth, tell me about some nice areas/suburbs and why they like where they live?

I know it depends on what you like, but it would be nice to get a picture of what it is like to live there,

Thanks

Tia
I guess it all depends on how much money you have. The "best" suburbs in Perth if money is no object are Dalkeith, Peppermint Grove, Nedlands, Applecross, South Perth. We are talking big money though - the sore of suburbs where Rose Porteous is building her $40 million mansion and where Bondy used to live.

Further out there are lots of nice suburbs, it depends whether you want to be nearer the city or the beach or the hills?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:09 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Some discussion on suburbs here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Expats_i...hp?showforum=1
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

where is Jutland parade? that's supposed to be the most expensive real estate in Australia isn't it?
Old Jun 9th 2005, 8:26 am
PommieLeague

As I always say everyone who asks about suburbs, Girrawheen, Balga, Koondoola, Mirrabooka (aka Beirut) as the best for liveliness and culture (foreign culture that is).

Old Jun 9th 2005, 10:23 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I guess it all depends on how much money you have. The "best" suburbs in Perth if money is no object are Dalkeith, Peppermint Grove, Nedlands, Applecross, South Perth. We are talking big money though - the sore of suburbs where Rose Porteous is building her $40 million mansion and where Bondy used to live.

Further out there are lots of nice suburbs, it depends whether you want to be nearer the city or the beach or the hills?
Hi Renth,
I would like to be nearish to the beach, not too far way. Ocean reef seems lovely, as we passed through it whilst we were in Perth in April. How are the house prices there?
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:15 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Renth,
I would like to be nearish to the beach, not too far way. Ocean reef seems lovely, as we passed through it whilst we were in Perth in April. How are the house prices there?
Ocean Reef is nice. Check this out for detailed info:

http://www.reiwa.com.au/res/res-subu...m?Stats_ID=147
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:25 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Kallaroo and Hillarys are difficult to beat. Many of the real estate agents all say that Kallaroo is underpriced at the moment, and will be one of the suburbs for the future, if you are looking for an investment that is.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
where is Jutland parade? that's supposed to be the most expensive real estate in Australia isn't it?
You've been listening to too much Kevin Bloody Wilson!
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:17 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Loopy
You've been listening to too much Kevin Bloody Wilson!
That's EXACTLY what I thought when I read it...
Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

CreditCardKing will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks

Tia

Wembley, Wembley Downs, City Beach are nice areas. I live in Doubleview near Scarborough Beach which is also ok.
Old Jun 10th 2005, 8:09 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CreditCardKing
Wembley, Wembley Downs, City Beach are nice areas. I live in Doubleview near Scarborough Beach which is also ok.
I can personally vote for that one

Cottesloe, Mosman Park, Swanbourne, Claremont, Subiaco, Floreat are also nice. All but the last one are on the Fremantle train line, and are in a good proximity to the CBD, Freo the Beach and the River (If thats important to you) Prices do reflect these benefits though.
Steve
Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:48 pm

Thanks very much everybody....Excellent advice
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:39 pm

Can anyone give me advice on Clarkson...what is it like to live there, as I heard it had a bit of a reputation?
Old Aug 13th 2005, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks

Tia
We live in NOranda in the North moved here 2 weeks of arriving in Perth.You are 15 mins city no traffic jams from here like coming from further up the coast.20 mins beach,5 mins Swan Valley fantastic wineries.
Great shopping Galleria 4 mins away.Close too Primary and High schools and sports venues.
House prices around $350000+.
We didn't no anyone when we arrvied plus had no computer so couldn't get advice.Went round a few homes and moved in on the 3rd week after emergrating never looked back.

other places I know of which are nice depending on bank account expensive Hillerys,Mindaire.
Kinglsey,Woodvale,Ellenbrook,Morley.
Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.