Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice little windfall

Nice little windfall

Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:25 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Nice little windfall

Having lodged my $100 000 bond around the begining of July 2003, I received a cheque a couple of days ago for $1791. That is $1990 interest less $199 tax @ 10%.

Thats a better return than you'll get here in the UK, and considering the fact that I'd forgotten all about it, a nice little bonus.

Only downside is that Mrs.Chippy wants half of it....DOH!
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hiya Chippy

Our is also due within the next few weeks. Is is an international bankers order or just an ordinary cheque - and will UK banks accept it?

Debs
Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thats a bloody good return, what state did you lodge with?
Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:32 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by debsy
Hiya Chippy

Our is also due within the next few weeks. Is is an international bankers order or just an ordinary cheque - and will UK banks accept it?

Debs
An ordinary cheque in dollars.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:33 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Thats a bloody good return, what state did you lodge with?
Qld. The rate is 3.98%.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:36 pm
WBB

your round then chipmeister.

Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:48 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by welshboybilly
your round then chipmeister.

If we can find ourselves a nice little boozer in Brisbane one day I'll be quite happy to buy you a pint or seven.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:11 pm
gld
Forum Regular

gld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nice little windfall

Originally posted by chippy
Having lodged my $100 000 bond around the begining of July 2003, I received a cheque a couple of days ago for $1791. That is $1990 interest less $199 tax @ 10%.

Thats a better return than you'll get here in the UK, and considering the fact that I'd forgotten all about it, a nice little bonus.

If you are in UK then your half goes down further because of UK tax so you may be down to 1/2 pints

Geraint
Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:24 pm
WBB

If we can find ourselves a nice little boozer in Brisbane one day I'll be quite happy to buy you a pint or seven.
i'm sure we will be able to sort that out.

Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:26 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by gld
If you are in UK then your half goes down further because of UK tax so you may be down to 1/2 pints

Geraint
Yes, that reminds me I must get on to the inland revenue to tell them about this; I couldn't stand the thought of missing any tax payments. :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 4th 2004, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

gordinio is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done mate on actually managing to keep half of it mrs chippie obviously hasn't been talking to my sheila
Old Jan 5th 2004, 6:19 am
gld
Forum Regular

Yes, that reminds me I must get on to the inland revenue to tell them about this; I couldn't stand the thought of missing any tax payments. :scared: :scared:
But you will probably get it all back by doing the P85

Geraint
Old Jan 5th 2004, 2:26 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by gld
But you will probably get it all back by doing the P85

Geraint
P85 ??
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:29 pm
gld
Forum Regular

P85 ??

Its your closing tax return with the Inland Revenue

Geraint
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by gld
Its your closing tax return with the Inland Revenue

Geraint
My names Geraint too!!

Sorry I'm bored!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.