Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ni contributions

ni contributions

Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ni contributions

do i need to inform them of my impending departure so that these contributions can be frozen enabling me to claim a uk pension in oz

arlene
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:33 pm
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ni contributions

Arlene

I was speaking to the tax office today and if you carry on paying the stamp at class 3, you can claim your UK pension, it's worth having a look into.

Clevs
Old Apr 26th 2004, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arlene
do i need to inform them of my impending departure so that these contributions can be frozen enabling me to claim a uk pension in oz

arlene
I rang up NI about this, basically I couldnt get my NI put into an aussie account as they ended their agreement a few years ago, but depending how long u have worked in the uk u can get a pension or part of
Ring 0845 302 1479 to find out @ hope it helps
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's a personal decision, but considering the UK government doesn't index pensions paid to people in Australia, and also that government pensions can be 'renegotiated' any time the government chooses, I'd look at an alternative investment vehicle.

I'm not saying that Class 3 is wrong is all circumstances, but do consider the issues and alternatives.

Jeremy

Originally posted by clevs
Arlene

I was speaking to the tax office today and if you carry on paying the stamp at class 3, you can claim your UK pension, it's worth having a look into.

Clevs