Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Sydney meet?

Next Sydney meet?

Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next Sydney meet?

Originally Posted by Wahroonga Boy
Was at the Bicentennial Park at the Olympic Park last Sunday and it was a fantastic place. They have BBQ facilities, fantastic views, bike hire, lots of space for games and for the kids to run around. There's also the peace monument with some craking views.

Thoughts

http://www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au/...entennial_park

http://www.sydneymate.com/travel_syd...ustralia_1.htm
we had one of the meets at this park in the past, its a great park but some complained it was a bit too far to go. i can understand, cos when your south sydney its a bit of a drive. the park that jasonk mentioned had all the same things and is easier to get to from north and south. great idea and if others dont like the other park then maybe we could go for this one. best put it up for the vote

look forward to meeting u

soapy
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:55 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichS
Centennial Park has barbie pits by the kids cycle track and play park. Its a good spot if you have nippers to occupy.

Of course I'll doubtless fail to attend anyway.
just u get your backside to this one, youve dodged the meets long enough m'laddie
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by suzysu
Yeap, me and my better half defintely up for a bbq. the park sounds good.
Got any dates in mind?

Su
see above lol
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:58 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Hey Soapy,

As promised, you can count me and Mr GG in. We're easy as to time/date, so we'll keep an eye on the thread and turn up!

Nichola
great, it will be nice to meet u at last. well ive had to read your rotten patter for long enough
keep an eye on the thread and hope to see u there

soapy
Old Mar 21st 2005, 7:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Ian12
Yep Robert, me and the Kids will be up for another meet even if we could,t come fishing with the guys! We were having drinks on a different boat with some other guys
aw nice eh???? uve found a nicer boat eh
see u soon ian
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by jasonK944
Hi Soapy

The Centenial Park in the Eastern Suburbs - not the one near the Olympic stadium would be good place for both those with and withjout kids. There are barbie areas too.

I also agree that it would be worth trying Saturday's as opposed to Sundays.

By the way I am sure a lot of people would be interested to know how you got on at the fishing the other day - you must have caught loads since you were wearing your luck hat.
well i needed my lucky hat to stop u feeling sick all day, couldnt fish for holding your hand
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Paul Wakeford
In article <[email protected]> ,
member21907@british_expats.com (soapy) wrote:

> *Subject:* Next Sydney meet?
    > *From:* soapy <member21907@british_expats.com>
    > *Date:* Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:57:24 +0000
    >
    >
    > right u lot !!!!!!!!!
    > how about we get another get together sorted. lets see if we can find
    > something central and this time with BBQs
    > now all we need is a date and a venue
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    >

Yeah, let me know when it is and I'll turn up for the last five minutes...
ha ha ha no chance paul, im sure u can get the time right this time
Paul
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Well me and Lee are well up for another round of animal impressions to go onto the website...!!!!

A BBQ would be even better and preferably not a Sunday so that we can all have a drink and not worry about work the next day.....

Let me know well in advance so I can book the weekend off at work.....

i still laugh everytime i see that photo dawn
it will be great to meet u both again, maybe this time ill get a chance to chat.

soapy
Old Mar 21st 2005, 8:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Rosie n family
Are we still allowed? (going back to the UK) If its before the 14th April and you don't diss us for leaving, (impressed with my teen-speak?) we'll be there, ready to try & take Soapy's trousers off one last time......
*Sob*
you see above post too lol
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by soapy
hi everyone.
how about the second of april? the day after nick(igual) birthday

soapy
Oy if you are gonna take the mick, at least write and let me know so I can read it!!!!
Actually its dec 4th so you'd better start saving for my pressie now!

Nick
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 6:35 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by igual
Oy if you are gonna take the mick, at least write and let me know so I can read it!!!!
Actually its dec 4th so you'd better start saving for my pressie now!

Nick
ha ha ha now what could i bring to make u smile hmmmmmmm
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:06 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

You happy chattin' away to yourself here, me dear?!

Date/time suits us fine, so we'll see you then.

Do we have a back up plan if the weather continues to be as horrible as it has been today??!!!

GG

great, it will be nice to meet u at last. well ive had to read your rotten patter for long enough
keep an eye on the thread and hope to see u there

soapy
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 10:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Geordie George
You happy chattin' away to yourself here, me dear?!

Date/time suits us fine, so we'll see you then.

Do we have a back up plan if the weather continues to be as horrible as it has been today??!!!

GG
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE !!!!!!
a wee bit of wind and rain and youve turned into a big jessie
there is plenty of cover, dont worry about it
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Well the 2nd April should be cool for me and Lee....Just need a definite on where it will be!
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 2:15 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I think the official term is whingeing POM?

Excellent. It'll be great to meet everyone. What time do things kick off?

GG

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE !!!!!!
a wee bit of wind and rain and youve turned into a big jessie
there is plenty of cover, dont worry about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.