Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next opening in Perth

Next opening in Perth

Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all
Wink Next opening in Perth

For those having withdrawal symptoms there is a Next opening in Joondalup. I'm still not convinced it's the real thing, though I spoke to the lady there today and she said it was real Next merchandise.

It's opening in a couple of weeks in Winton Rd. So get saving people as I'm not sure how much the clothes will cost - wonder if they'll slap a huge import fee on top of normal prices?
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice
Default Re: Next opening in Perth

Originally Posted by welshgirl
For those having withdrawal symptoms there is a Next opening in Joondalup. I'm still not convinced it's the real thing, though I spoke to the lady there today and she said it was real Next merchandise.

It's opening in a couple of weeks in Winton Rd. So get saving people as I'm not sure how much the clothes will cost - wonder if they'll slap a huge import fee on top of normal prices?
There is a place called NEXT here in WA but its a furniture store.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:13 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shade8
There is a place called NEXT here in WA but its a furniture store.
There is or was a shop in Hillarys selling M&S stuff, don't know if its still there.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Still there - the stuff is horrendous!!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
There is or was a shop in Hillarys selling M&S stuff, don't know if its still there.
Have you actually seen the clothes in the shop in Hillerys.Personally never seen clothes like that at M.S.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Joy!!! I am almost hyperventilating at the prospect! Honest!!

This has been a hot topic today amongst the brits I know. I bumped into a friend and it turns out it's her uncle that's opening this shop and it is all proper Next stuff. It's not seconds and it's not the crap they cannot sell in the UK either!!

They have said that they will charge the same in dollars as labelled in pounds. So if it's 10 pounds it will be 10 dollars here. I wonder if this will happen?

I'm counting the days....!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

welshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to allwelshgirl is a name known to all

So glad you said that Diane - I was thinking the same thing. I haven't even been in there - the window display was enough to make me think of ancient nanas.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:55 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh Joy!!!

They have said that they will charge the same in dollars as labelled in pounds. So if it's 10 pounds it will be 10 dollars here. I wonder if this will happen?

I'm counting the days....!

WOW! do you really think they will do this? It would be great if they do, when do they open? Will I have to camp outside like they do in the UK at sale time!!!!

Tracey
Old Sep 6th 2005, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

I cant imagine the prices being the same dollar for dollar, they could charge whatever they like and they wouldl get away with it because people will pay those prices just like paying $$$$ for a tub of Bisto.

I never like Next much in the Uk anyway so I'll be sticking to good ol Aussie gear, like my flanno and singlet
Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:39 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

so lets get this straight, someone is going to import the stuff, pay import duty on it and then sell it at less than half the price it retails for in the UK....... well if thats possible then next in the uk must be even more of a rip off than i thought. Its an interesting concept though, people buying stuff here to send back to friends and family in the UK as it costs a fraction of the price

Lynn
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Once I would have loved the thought of UK shops being here but now all you will see is loads of people wearing exactly the same tops/skirts etc walking round Joondalup(as they will be noticeable!!) bought from the Next outlet, I for one don't want to be going out and find 20+ women in same outfit (my biggest hate is seeing someone in same clothes!)................never thought I say this but don't do it, much preferred it when I could get clothes from UK sent over and I was the only one in it!!!!!!!

Now sending Mum to other UK shops for my clothes

by way that place in Hilary's is sh**, is probably worst clothing I've ever seen...lol....am having a right rant today aren't I
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh no, I hate Next!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Next opening in Perth

Could be good- I like the kids stuff- as long as its not the sexy pre teen nonsense. Well made, washable clothes have to be a bonus here. I went shopping today and could have wept at the asymmetric hemming/ layering nonsense- oh and the flimsy silky tops/hankies suitable for stick insects. Very depressing.

The more shops the better I say and accessorise darlings!! to make it look different.

Ali

Old Sep 6th 2005, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I for one, will be glad to be able to go to a shop, and know right away if something is going to fit me, that it won't shrink, fade or go out of shape after 2 washes, and it'll last a good few years.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 1:59 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Winton Road's not exactly the Joondalup equivalent of Carnaby Street! I'd therefore suggest not holding your breath.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.