British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   next lancashire meet? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/next-lancashire-meet-440762/)

kjc79 Apr 8th 2007 9:15 pm

next lancashire meet?

hello to all

i keep reading different posts etc to try and help with us(me,hubby and two kids) move to oz.not posted much just keep reading and worrying that we are going down the correct visa route and got enough hours.(failed last year through misscomunication with agent regarding hours served!)
would like to meet people that are in the same boat with all the paper work collecting and stress of what to do.can anyone tell me who goes to these meets or is it a free 4 all even if you are only in sending tra stage?

thanks,from a shy want 2 be in oz yesterday hairdresser xx

louise Apr 8th 2007 9:26 pm

Re: next lancashire meet?

Originally Posted by kjc79 (Post 4616052)
hello to all

i keep reading different posts etc to try and help with us(me,hubby and two kids) move to oz.not posted much just keep reading and worrying that we are going down the correct visa route and got enough hours.(failed last year through misscomunication with agent regarding hours served!)
would like to meet people that are in the same boat with all the paper work collecting and stress of what to do.can anyone tell me who goes to these meets or is it a free 4 all even if you are only in sending tra stage?

thanks,from a shy want 2 be in oz yesterday hairdresser xx

Hi and welcome

The meets are open to everyone whatever stage you are at.

We went to the last Lancashire meet and had a really good afternoon, everyone is friendly and all willing to share stories, answer questions, ask questions etc etc

I believe the next one is 2nd June, keep an eye on the meet up thread and I'm sure someone will be posting soon with the venue and details.

Good luck and hopefully see you on the 2nd June :thumbup:

kjc79 Apr 8th 2007 9:39 pm

thanking you for replying. any idea where on the 2nd of june.saw i'd missed the 1st april one and bolton is only up the road too.........will keep an eye out.
kath x

louise Apr 8th 2007 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by kjc79 (Post 4616101)
thanking you for replying. any idea where on the 2nd of june.saw i'd missed the 1st april one and bolton is only up the road too.........will keep an eye out.
kath x

Not sure sorry. The venue used last time was a good one, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, we took over a whole area with Aussie flags, name badges and the lot.

I will be watching the thread and I am quite happy to help anyone organise the next one:D

mad city fan Apr 9th 2007 7:51 pm

We will be up for the next meet :thumbup: