Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Next Cleaning Question....

Next Cleaning Question....

Old Apr 30th 2011, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Question Next Cleaning Question....

My husband and i have a couple of tents, which obviously are used. We are wondering how is best to get them clean enough to pass inspection upon arrival in Australia. Has anyone else ever experienced this and what was your solution?

We dont want to get rid and replace as it took us a while to find one that my husband is able to stand up in (well almost) as well as lie down in
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all
Default Re: Next Cleaning Question....

Short of a big enough washing machine, it would probably be best to sell them and buy another new one in the Uk.

It's the right time in the Uk to sell at the moment.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of

We brought our tent with us. It had been used but was as clean as it was last time we packed it up after camping....so not covered in mud but mabye the odd leaf and there was no problem.
Old May 1st 2011, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Clean it as best you can, then spray it with Jeyes fluid. AQIS will smell it when they open the packing box which will indicate it has been disinfected. Do a search on Jeyes Fluid on the forum and you'll find lots of info.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:59 am
Greetings Traveller

JustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to allJustBecause is a name known to all

We just cleaned ours as well as we could be arsed & they got through, having previously been used at Glastonbury for the last decade or so, so they saw their fair share of mud, cowpats, cider, bodily fluids, etc Likewise with our wellies
Old May 4th 2011, 10:35 am
Banned

knowlton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bikergirl
My husband and i have a couple of tents, which obviously are used. We are wondering how is best to get them clean enough to pass inspection upon arrival in Australia. Has anyone else ever experienced this and what was your solution?

We dont want to get rid and replace as it took us a while to find one that my husband is able to stand up in (well almost) as well as lie down in
My friend simply took his apart and stuck it in the washing machine - simples!

If it's not easy to dismantle, a simple sponge and detergent job would be fine - as long as there's no mud, spores, etc.