British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Next Brissie Girls Drinking Night!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/next-brissie-girls-drinking-night-297962/)

Pollyana Apr 20th 2005 10:53 pm

Next Brissie Girls Drinking Night!!

OK Petra, just for you!!!! A Drinking Night! :beer:

7th May was suggested before, but as thats the night before Mothers Day, and Michelle is doing nasty exercise stuff the next morning so can't drink, it might not be the best night around.

However, we'll see what the majority think - votes for 7th/14th/21st May please..........or any other suggestions that people want to make. Personally the 14th sounds good........

:)

mlbonner Apr 20th 2005 11:38 pm

Re: Next Brissie Girls Drinking Night!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana

7th May was suggested before, but as thats the night before Mothers Day, and Michelle is doing nasty exercise stuff the next morning so can't drink, it might not be the best night around.

However, we'll see what the majority think - votes for 7th/14th/21st May please..........or any other suggestions that people want to make. Personally the 14th sounds good........

I know, I know, doing it this Sunday too :)

I'm not sure I can make either the 14th or the 21st sorry. On the 14th I might be heading off down the coast for a training camp (trying to get confirmation at the moment though, as not heard anything about it for a while). The 21st I think I will be in Warwick for a weekend pentathlon. So I'm not really much use at the moment I'm afraid - you guys decide on a date and if I can get there I will.

wholeworldwindow Apr 20th 2005 11:47 pm

Hi Gals,
Where do you usually meet up? I recently arrived on the Gold Coast, but if I can get there, I'm happy to commute if I'm invited?
Colette xxx

Pollyana Apr 20th 2005 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Hi Gals,
Where do you usually meet up? I recently arrived on the Gold Coast, but if I can get there, I'm happy to commute if I'm invited?
Colette xxx

Course you're invited!!! We usually end up at Gilhooleys in the city (corner of Charlotte and Albert) cos its central and easy for trains and stuff.
Not limited to the dates I mentioned, I just thought I'd start the thread and see what people reckon, and what fits with the majority........ :) :beer:

Wanderlust Apr 21st 2005 1:40 am

I don't have any plans. Just pick a date and I'll be there (even if its only for an hour or so) Mind you - I do hope to see the next one through to the end!! Can't believe the fun I missed out on last time by leaving early!

W. :D

ProofReader Apr 21st 2005 2:35 am

Won't be here in May unfortunately ... boooooo hooooooo :( ... so this is my 'note'.

I'll just have to be with you in spirit (or preferably, red wine) on the date you choose. :D

Hope you all have another fab night out and I'll look forward to seeing piccies! :beer:

ANA123 Apr 21st 2005 3:06 am

Could make the 21st and possibly 14th but away for the 7th. Will go with the majority!
Michaela

artep Apr 22nd 2005 8:06 am

Cheers Poll!!!!!!! :D :beer:

I'm definately up for a drinking night & I don't mind when....like Michaela I'll go with the majority.....just gotta find my way there now!!! :rolleyes:

Petra

moneypenny20 Apr 22nd 2005 8:11 am

Originally Posted by artep
Cheers Poll!!!!!!! :D :beer:

I'm definately up for a drinking night & I don't mind when....like Michaela I'll go with the majority.....just gotta find my way there now!!! :rolleyes:

Petra

Hi Petra. How's it going? Still squeezed in like sardines then ;) thought there was more room in Aus.

Not going to able to make this one, but one day, please one day :(

teach Apr 22nd 2005 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Cheers Poll,
You sure know how to cheer a girl up, lol. Another night out.... without me, :mad: !!!!!
I want to be in Brissie and I want to be there now.
Love and hugs
Sarah

PS: I'll be there as soon as I can get a buyer.

artep Apr 22nd 2005 10:37 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hi Petra. How's it going? Still squeezed in like sardines then ;) thought there was more room in Aus.

Not going to able to make this one, but one day, please one day :(

Hiya Moneypen!!!!

Everything's going ok so far........ got a rental sorted....got the sprogs starting school next week..woo hoo!!! Just got to buy the furniture etc...whoever said solid wood furniture was pricey here was 'avin a larf...we've found some really nice stuff really quite cheap.

How's things with you????? You may not be able to make this drinking night....but rest assured there'll be more esp if I have anything to do with it!!!!! :D

Sarah - I have EVERYTHING crossed for you!!!!!

moneypenny20 Apr 22nd 2005 11:29 am

Originally Posted by artep
Hiya Moneypen!!!!

Everything's going ok so far........ got a rental sorted....got the sprogs starting school next week..woo hoo!!! Just got to buy the furniture etc...whoever said solid wood furniture was pricey here was 'avin a larf...we've found some really nice stuff really quite cheap.

How's things with you????? You may not be able to make this drinking night....but rest assured there'll be more esp if I have anything to do with it!!!!! :D

Sarah - I have EVERYTHING crossed for you!!!!!

You want to watch that wooden furniture you know. The humidity will bend and rot it, the termites will eat it - has to be cheap so it can be replaced easily ;)

Things are ok, house not moving but hey, you've been there, worn the t shirt out. Just been and renegotiated the mortgage to release the endowment. Dozy cow asked how long we wanted it for. Said "don't matter, it's only for a few months" she says but you don't want 25 years at your age - cheeky cow, so I remind her it is just for a few months - she got there finally :rolleyes:

Have a drink on me :beer:

Penny

artep Apr 23rd 2005 9:43 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Just been and renegotiated the mortgage to release the endowment. Dozy cow asked how long we wanted it for. Said "don't matter, it's only for a few months" she says but you don't want 25 years at your age - cheeky cow, so I remind her it is just for a few months - she got there finally :rolleyes:

oooo meiow!!!!! How to make you feel ancient in one little line.. :mad:

Pollyana Apr 23rd 2005 9:59 am

Well, how about looking at the 28th, with the 21st as an altenate? Fingers crossed for Michelles attendance, and Michaela - please try and make it, sounds like you need a good chat :) :)

ANA123 Apr 23rd 2005 12:01 pm

21st or 28th fine for me.
Polly, actually feel much better now the decisions been made, still here for a good 18 months though so a few more nights out to be had yet!

Petra, if distance is a problem, your welcome to our granny flat for the night,
Michaela