Next

Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:08 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Next

Does anyone know, do they have one in NZ have been tonight to the opening of a brand new one in Leeds uk and was drooling over everything (hypothetically speaking) I love their clothes would be great to know there is one in NZ
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:20 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next

Originally posted by sky
Does anyone know, do they have one in NZ have been tonight to the opening of a brand new one in Leeds uk and was drooling over everything (hypothetically speaking) I love their clothes would be great to know there is one in NZ

wouldnt the Next catalogue deliver to nz?
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:31 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know .. I was thinking that myself ... would be better still if they had a store in nz though
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

The bad news is they are not in Oz and I asm sure they are not in NZ either. I am also going to mourn for Next and their extra long trouser lengths!! Where else will I get trousers to fit??
Old Nov 21st 2003, 10:55 pm
sky
Banned

I was so hoping someone would post a "yes they are here no worries" ... Oh well will just have to find an alternative or get rellies to post stuff over if they dont ship.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

WheelsOfSteel is on a distinguished road

It's a good question! Sadly though the answer is NO...

Not sure what the equivalent would be here? I like a shop called 'Colorado'. Has a good style. Bit mountainy, street stuff. For your basic clothes you have the warehouse or suchlike.

If you want high-end imported brands you can go to Ballentines but as it is imported you will pay international prices, just be aware of that.

Remember, you will probably be earning NZ sallaries so make the adjustment quickly to the NZ brands else you will blow your budget very quickly!!!

It's a good idea about the Next catalogue. Would imagine you can get them send here, but again once you have translated you GBP to NZD they may end up quite expensive to the average NZ person, which you may or not end up being? Plus you have import tarrifs...
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next

I don't know if Next deliver to Oz/NZ but if they do you have to be very careful with getting stung for import duty and GST

Not sure of the rates in NZ, but in Oz, import duty on most clothes is 25%. We had a load of stuff sent over for my hubby's birthday and it got stuck in customs - we then had to pay 25% import duty +10% GST before they would release the parcel. Ouch!!

Some things are less than 25% - e.g. footwear is 10%.

We found cost of nice work shirts in Oz to be really expensive - like $120 upwards for the same quality of shirt he could get from Next for £20

TinaJ I have been shopping in Satch - really nice clothes, like Next, and the trousers were so long I had to have about 4" off the bottom (I'm 5' 6").

HP
p.s. funny but I have been on the Next web site today cos they have a really nice maternity section
Old Nov 21st 2003, 11:50 pm
sky
Banned

Will just have to ask rellies when its my birthday to treat me to so an so ... item followed by catalogue number lol out of the latest next catatogue
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 2:29 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

No Next in Australia. I just bought loads when I was in the UK a few weeks back and claimed back the VAT.
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

This really weird....just drove down Nicholson St in Carlton (Melbourne) and saw a Next factory outlet store. Didn't go in as was in the car but the front of the shop had the big Next logo, and the clothes were on Next hangers. Thing is, I have never seen 'Next' in the shopping malls here, so why a factory outlet?
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 3:44 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

hey it's funny you should say that because in Perth they have just opened 7 new shops called 'NEXT' !!!?? These shops are furniture shops. I have seen the lorries driving around but it doesn't look like the same logo (unless the logo in the UK has changed?) I will check it out this weekend and go and have a look.

I didn't think you were allowed to use the name of another major company? Unless it doesn't matter in different countries??
Old Nov 22nd 2003, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by tinaj
The bad news is they are not in Oz and I asm sure they are not in NZ either. I am also going to mourn for Next and their extra long trouser lengths!! Where else will I get trousers to fit??
Probably everywhere I'm 160cm (I think) and most pants here could do with me having another leg length from the knee down, they are miles too long! Clothes here seem really big and long.