Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newspaper in Crawley

Newspaper in Crawley

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Perth Tech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newspaper in Crawley

Could anyone please advise what is the most popular or best newspaper in Crawley, West Sussex.
I wish to advertise a job in the local paper.

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newspaper in Crawley

I have not lived in Crawley for years but the Crawley Observer always seemed popular and is still around.Sue.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Hi petensue
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am hoping to advertise a job there because the factory where the machines are made is in the Manor Royal industrial area. ( hoping someone from the factory would like the Perth lifestyle !!)

Thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth Tech
Hi petensue
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am hoping to advertise a job there because the factory where the machines are made is in the Manor Royal industrial area. ( hoping someone from the factory would like the Perth lifestyle !!)

Thanks

Used to live there 5 years ago and at the time the Crawley News and Crawley Observer were the most popular.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perth Tech
Hi petensue

Thanks
There would have to be something wrong with you if you preferred Crawley to Perth.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info. I did like the beer in Crawley though. ( I would go to the factory for training and visit the local every evening. Courage Directors...Yum Yum could do with a couple of pnts at work now!)
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

You could also include the Reigate/Redhill papers as I used to live in Horley (next door to Crawley) but we never received Crawley local newspapers because they were Sussex and we were Surrey but a lot of people who live in Horley will be looking for work in Crawley.

Ah ...takes me back!

KK
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Also the East Grinstead Courier.

Crawley - home of the worst architecture in England, just my opinion.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
There would have to be something wrong with you if you preferred Crawley to Perth.
One of my colleagues' son and his wife emigrated from Crawley to Queensland. I don't think they lasted six months and are now back in Crawley and very happy. They found out the hard way that family was too important to them to want to be half a world away.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
One of my colleagues' son and his wife emigrated from Crawley to Queensland. I don't think they lasted six months and are now back in Crawley and very happy. They found out the hard way that family was too important to them to want to be half a world away.
Cool - each to their own. I think it's one of the ugliest towns in the UK but there you go.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Cool - each to their own. I think it's one of the ugliest towns in the UK but there you go.
Do you remember Kala/Jaydeee from the early days of BE? - she was from Crawley, came out to Geraldton for a while but ended up back in Crawley. Far as I know she's still there and sounded happy enough to be back. As you say, each to their own
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Do you remember Kala/Jaydeee from the early days of BE? - she was from Crawley, came out to Geraldton for a while but ended up back in Crawley. Far as I know she's still there and sounded happy enough to be back. As you say, each to their own
Small world Pollyana....Kala/Jaydee has i think gone back to Crawley...i was speaking to her on BE at the time she was in Geraldton....we were still in Crawley and her Grandad lived over the road from us....
Old Aug 27th 2010, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

Hi Perthtech, whats the job you're advertising?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Hi Sharpy67
Had typed out a long answer but it seems to have got lost. The job is for a technician / engineer in a Radiation Oncology clinic. We maintain and repair the linear acelerators that produce the radiation used to cure cancer. We use Elekta machines and they are made in lovely Crawley. We are l;ooking for someone with experience and training.

Cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
It's amazing what falling out of love and then falling in love will do to people