Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

30 - 50% ... are you sure?

My opinions only ... I'm sure others disagree and I respect their point of view entirely.

Originally Posted by northernlights
If Perth is massively short of housing, how comes I'm seeing a 30% - 50% increase in the amount of homes up for sale in each suburb compared to a year ago? In certain suburbs, especially the newer estates, homes are NOT selling unless discounted heaps.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

Default Re: News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

I wouldn't disagree but nobody 'knows' for sure ...

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
They might pick up but they won't pick up by much given that Perth is still very unaffordable on a global scale.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:05 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

There's lots of interesting discussion in the comments after this article....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...15/2466306.htm
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Three Legs;7299907]Burns has dropped dramatically ...

I've heard of blocks, which a year ago were up for $450K going now for $325 and below ... go figure?

As I mentioned previous, now is the time to invest. Land will not drop again ... I expect things to start picking up again mid-year and beyond ... by picking up, I mean block price increases.

QUOTE]
People who are buying this "now is the time to buy" crap really don't understand what's going on in the big, bad world out there. Many people lost their life savings when mis-sold shares on borrowed money and were then told, in a falling market, that "now is the time to buy" and guess what, shares kept going down and are STILL going down. Individuals lost millions. Mr Norman, of Harvey Norman fame, lost over $1 billion.
If you really want to know what's happening, just do a bit of research and dont listen to people with a vested interest in telling you that "everything's gonna be alright"....(see previous post). Prices here in Mandurah have fallen 25%+ in the last 12 months. They hit a peak about this time a year ago. Developers are going bust coz they cant sell half built houses, investors have left the market in droves, builders cant get finance to keep their companies afloat. Houses are flooding the market & selling in dribbles. And don't kid yourself having a secure job will keep the market bouyant. It won't.
2 houses in my street (owned by estate agents) have been taken off of the market coz there is no-one interested and they were for sale for over 10% less than they cost (new) a year ago. So are other houses that haven't even been lived in !
So come on, get a reality check. You have the advantage of seeing it coming and can act accordingly. Those who are carrying on as if this is a minor blip really are very, very sad indeed.....or are nursing a huge vested interest !!
I'm gonna unsubscribe to this post. I find the ostrich brigade very depressing and the fact that they are STILL singing the same tune 6 months down the line .....well, I never could suffer fools gladly !!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

[QUOTE=BATS666;7300209]
Originally Posted by Three Legs
Burns has dropped dramatically ...

I've heard of blocks, which a year ago were up for $450K going now for $325 and below ... go figure?

As I mentioned previous, now is the time to invest. Land will not drop again ... I expect things to start picking up again mid-year and beyond ... by picking up, I mean block price increases.

QUOTE]
People who are buying this "now is the time to buy" crap really don't understand what's going on in the big, bad world out there. Many people lost their life savings when mis-sold shares on borrowed money and were then told, in a falling market, that "now is the time to buy" and guess what, shares kept going down and are STILL going down. Individuals lost millions. Mr Norman, of Harvey Norman fame, lost over $1 billion.
If you really want to know what's happening, just do a bit of research and dont listen to people with a vested interest in telling you that "everything's gonna be alright"....(see previous post). Prices here in Mandurah have fallen 25%+ in the last 12 months. They hit a peak about this time a year ago. Developers are going bust coz they cant sell half built houses, investors have left the market in droves, builders cant get finance to keep their companies afloat. Houses are flooding the market & selling in dribbles. And don't kid yourself having a secure job will keep the market bouyant. It won't.
2 houses in my street (owned by estate agents) have been taken off of the market coz there is no-one interested and they were for sale for over 10% less than they cost (new) a year ago. So are other houses that haven't even been lived in !
So come on, get a reality check. You have the advantage of seeing it coming and can act accordingly. Those who are carrying on as if this is a minor blip really are very, very sad indeed.....or are nursing a huge vested interest !!
I'm gonna unsubscribe to this post. I find the ostrich brigade very depressing and the fact that they are STILL singing the same tune 6 months down the line .....well, I never could suffer fools gladly !!
Absolutely agree with you on your comment - 100%!

There are some very naive folks out there who obviously don't have a clue into what's going on in this economic climate and guess what? - it's going to get alot worse. Wait until a couple more US banks go bankrupt as predicted by both a Harvard and a Princeton economics proffessor on the TV the other week. Not even FHB will be able to get a mortgage without a substancial deposit if this scenario happens.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:10 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=northernlights;7300254]
Originally Posted by BATS666

There are some very naive folks out there who obviously don't have a clue into what's going on in this economic climate and guess what? - it's going to get alot worse. Wait until a couple more US banks go bankrupt as predicted by both a Harvard and a Princeton economics proffessor on the TV the other week. Not even FHB will be able to get a mortgage without a substancial deposit if this scenario happens.
Who is FHB?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:33 am
Account Closed

Your opinion is respected, not agreed with, but respected all the same.

[QUOTE=BATS666;7300209]

QUOTE]
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:34 am
Account Closed

Fat Half Bred's sometimes referred to as First Home Buyers ...

[QUOTE=asprilla;7300327]
Originally Posted by northernlights

Who is FHB?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:35 am
Account Closed

I bet you read the Mail in the UK ... ?

[QUOTE=northernlights;7300254]
Originally Posted by BATS666

Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Three Legs;7300465]I bet you read the Mail in the UK ... ?

I'm a Sun, Mirror, News of the World, The Times, Sunday Times,Telegraph, New York Times, The West reader - isn't the interweb great! LOL
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

thedons will become famous soon enoughthedons will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=BATS666;7300209]

QUOTE]
Stand up this man and take a bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Can I just clarify something here ???

Are 'some' saying land prices are going to fall significantly in the next few months and then interest rates are going to spiral within 3 years ???

Thanks ... I just want to be sure I'm not getting confused
Old Feb 19th 2009, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

Down down down.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Can I just clarify something here ???

Are 'some' saying land prices are going to fall significantly in the next few months and then interest rates are going to spiral within 3 years ???

Thanks ... I just want to be sure I'm not getting confused
Your opinion is respected, not agreed with, but respected all the same, just let it go
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:18 am
Account Closed

double

Originally Posted by thedons
Your opinion is respected, not agreed with, but respected all the same, just let it go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.