Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Pearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant futurePearl&Wal has a brilliant future
Default Re: News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Without being flippant, I think those tradies could be well advised to move down here for a while.

Theres going to be a hell of a lot of rebuilding needed down here.

I've been waiting for months for building prices to drop, I'm in the market for two new townhouses on at my current site here in central Melbourne. I'd say in light of recent events, I've got buckleys chance.
You're not being flippent, i'd say that's quite good advice.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: News just in - man with vested interest says Perth property market recovering

Originally Posted by Three Legs
No so much a 'vested interest', more a need to support my family ... lol.

are collier giving away any goodies,and do they build SOR
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:29 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

I give away all sorts ... lol.

Yes we build SOR ... Send me a pm with your email & mobile if you need 'assistance' ...

Always help the 'Expats'

cheers

Originally Posted by Catch
are collier giving away any goodies,and do they build SOR
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

I'm getting FHB coming through my display spending upto $500K ...

Perth is massively short of housing, the rental prices are rising again rather than falling ... I maintain it's a good time to buy.

Much of what's said is wet finger in the air stuff.

Oh, the niiavety hurts !!
The UK is massively short of housing....did it stop prices tumbling ?
And it won't here either.
The only people saying 'buy' are estate agents, property developers and builders.....oh, add the govt to that....and mortgage brokers.
There is absolutely no reason why Oz as a whole, or WA in particular, should escape the world recession, which will mean falling property prices and rising unemployment....and falling demand for everything, including raw materials.
"The RBA said the last stimulus package worked" ! Are you kidding? It hasn't anywhere else...why should it here ? Giving tax handouts (of any kind) is just staving off the inevitable. It's a short term feel good measure.
Just pissing into the wind as far as I'm concerned.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 8:20 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we build SOR ... Send me a pm with your email & mobile if you need 'assistance' ...

Always help the 'Expats'

cheers

cheers mate i will do when i get some land
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is massively short of housing, the rental prices are rising again rather than falling ... I maintain it's a good time to buy.

I'm sure - but there can't be many....

If so, I wish someone could explain how the hell the average FHB can afford a $500K home when with 13 years of UK house price growth and a household income of just over $100K, we'd struggle....!
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:51 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I'm sure - but there can't be many....

If so, I wish someone could explain how the hell the average FHB can afford a $500K home when with 13 years of UK house price growth and a household income of just over $100K, we'd struggle....!
You would have to be insane to buy a house anywhere in the western world right now and particularly in Perth.

If you did buy a starter home in some outer suburb you will still be there when you retire (still struggling at 70 years old).

Interest rates might be low now but within 2 to 3 years they will be over 10 percent.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
You would have to be insane to buy a house anywhere in the western world right now and particularly in Perth.

If you did buy a starter home in some outer suburb you will still be there when you retire (still struggling at 70 years old).

Interest rates might be low now but within 2 to 3 years they will be over 10 percent.
I'm in no rush - I'm waiting at least another year.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:35 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in no rush - I'm waiting at least another year.
Good move.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 4:45 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Always help the 'Expats'

cheers

OK Mr 3...can you answer me another question...my in-laws built on Burns beach 2 years ago, moved in and said they would get well over a million for their 4 bed 2 storey house. Its only a plot size of 550 but he seems to think he has made more money on it now and that these house prices won't affect him. I thought he might need a reality check. Is Burns so special anymore?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

I was talking to builder the other day who defined the FHB market as up to $300K.
300K is hardly the Australian Dream for FHB. Up until 4 years ago FHB were buying 4 x 2's in decent suburbs - just goes to show how crazy prices have become in recent years.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

northernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to allnorthernlights is a name known to all

If Perth is massively short of housing, how comes I'm seeing a 30% - 50% increase in the amount of homes up for sale in each suburb compared to a year ago? In certain suburbs, especially the newer estates, homes are NOT selling unless discounted heaps.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Burns has dropped dramatically ...

I've heard of blocks, which a year ago were up for $450K going now for $325 and below ... go figure?

As I mentioned previous, now is the time to invest. Land will not drop again ... I expect things to start picking up again mid-year and beyond ... by picking up, I mean block price increases.

I don't abide by Renth's comments at all ...

He says wait to dive in one minute, then alludes to 10% interest rates ... nobody will want to be securing mortgages in that climate only increasing the stranglehold that landlords already have on rentals ... I don't buy into that.

Wise folk who are currently in rentals should be moving now to get on the ladder ... As a disclaimer, this applies only to those in what I would deem 'secure' jobs ... if such a thing exists. Tradesmen are already feeling the pinch ...

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
OK Mr 3...can you answer me another question...my in-laws built on Burns beach 2 years ago, moved in and said they would get well over a million for their 4 bed 2 storey house. Its only a plot size of 550 but he seems to think he has made more money on it now and that these house prices won't affect him. I thought he might need a reality check. Is Burns so special anymore?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Also depends on location in Burns ...

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Burns has dropped dramatically ...

I've heard of blocks, which a year ago were up for $450K going now for $325 and below ... go figure?

As I mentioned previous, now is the time to invest. Land will not drop again ... I expect things to start picking up again mid-year and beyond ... by picking up, I mean block price increases.

They might pick up but they won't pick up by much given that Perth is still very unaffordable on a global scale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.