Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

newly arrived in geelong(melb) on SIR visa

newly arrived in geelong(melb) on SIR visa

Old Jul 3rd 2006, 3:51 am
Just Joined

tabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant future
Default newly arrived in geelong(melb) on SIR visa

Hi to you all. I needed to say hello to others who have made the move! Been here approx 6 weeks and finding it all very new. Moved here with husband and 2 children (ages 8yrs & 12yrs) Kids are in schools, hubby and I are waiting on job applications. The SIR visa is proving a complicated business and not quite what we were lead to believe before arriving here. Anyone else finding this?
Love Australia but still quite out of my routine. Need work and normality!!

Nikki :scared:
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 5:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: newly arrived in geelong(melb) on SIR visa

Originally Posted by tabdan
Hi to you all. I needed to say hello to others who have made the move! Been here approx 6 weeks and finding it all very new. Moved here with husband and 2 children (ages 8yrs & 12yrs) Kids are in schools, hubby and I are waiting on job applications. The SIR visa is proving a complicated business and not quite what we were lead to believe before arriving here. Anyone else finding this?

Hi Nikki, have you been on the Britvics site? The address is in my signature at bottom of the post.
Their is a group of ex pat girls who meet up for coffee every now & then, you should get on & introduce yourself & I'm sure they will make you welcome.
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 5:18 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Hi Nikki

Welcome to Australia. We're over in the s/e eastern suburbs and have two girls aged 7 & 11 but a bit too far from you really. Good luck with the job hunting and hope all continues to go well for you.

Lorraine
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 6:25 am
Just Joined

tabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant futuretabdan has a brilliant future

Thanks fingers crossed it all comes together. I have my first interview in the morning! How long have you been here? How are you finding it?
Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
Hi Nikki

Welcome to Australia. We're over in the s/e eastern suburbs and have two girls aged 7 & 11 but a bit too far from you really. Good luck with the job hunting and hope all continues to go well for you.

Lorraine
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 8:07 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Thanks fingers crossed it all comes together. I have my first interview in the morning! How long have you been here? How are you finding it?
Hi Nikki

Good luck for the interview tomorrow!!! We've been here since last August and we love it! It feels like we've always been here. It does take a little while to get settled but the kids do help. They settle into school so quickly and make friends that they seem to make you realise that things carry on even though you've moved 10,000 miles!!! Once again good luck for tomorrow.

Lorraine
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:27 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nikki

We are also over in the South East but frequently pass Geelong on our way to see friends in Lorne and Colac.

Kiwi
Old Jul 3rd 2006, 9:35 am
Just Joined

cazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nikki

Think we may have chatted last year before we moved over, maybe on another forum - go matilda?
How is it all going. We too are in Geelong, Highton. There is a few of us that meet up for coffee and you are very welcome!
Hope all is going well for you, good luck with interviews, will send you a PM if you would like my number.

Cazzy