Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newcastle NSW. Info for potential arrivals.

Newcastle NSW. Info for potential arrivals.

Old May 15th 2021, 1:17 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcastle NSW. Info for potential arrivals.

Originally Posted by Beoz
I camped here years ago. Nice spot. Lots of wombats cruising around

Griffins Farm
https://maps.app.goo.gl/mdnhfCPUp6oUtngj9

An electric mountain bike is good for getting to the remote spots with gear where there are lots of hills. A lot of fun too. The e mountain bike gets you up the hills with minimal effort.
Will have to take a look.

I already have an electric mountain bike but it's a basic cheap old "mountain" bike that one of my sons no longer uses that I added a conversion kit to. It works great but the bike is unlikely to be robust enough to cope with off tarmac rigours. In hindsight I should have bought a better quality bike and put the conversion kit on that. Maybe next time.
Old May 16th 2021, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcastle NSW. Info for potential arrivals.

Originally Posted by paulry
Will have to take a look.

I already have an electric mountain bike but it's a basic cheap old "mountain" bike that one of my sons no longer uses that I added a conversion kit to. It works great but the bike is unlikely to be robust enough to cope with off tarmac rigours. In hindsight I should have bought a better quality bike and put the conversion kit on that. Maybe next time.
Given its cheap you can find out if it can handle the rigours of off road without fear of breaking it.