Reload this Page >

Newbie plea from NW Brisbane!

Newbie plea from NW Brisbane!

Old Sep 28th 2008, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

Sharon1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie plea from NW Brisbane!

Hi,

I am new to this site and new to Brisbane! Been here about 4 weeks and am moving to Ferny Grove on 3rd Oct. We're still settling in and as we don't know anyone at all it would be good to know if anyone wants to meet up - "we" are...Sharon (39), Paul (39) and Nathan (2). I start work (full time) on the 13 Oct but am free anytime up to then and after that, on any weekend...my/our social calendar is hardly busy just now!! Hubby is also keen to meet other guys as he wants to start playing football and golf again asap...personally I think the sport is just an excuse for the few beers afterwards!
Would be good to hear from any other people who are in a similar situation or who just want to extend their social circle to include a chatty Yorkshirewoman, a social Scotsman and a boisterous 2 year old!

Sharon
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newbie plea from NW Brisbane!

Originally Posted by Sharon1
Hi,

I am new to this site and new to Brisbane! Been here about 4 weeks and am moving to Ferny Grove on 3rd Oct. We're still settling in and as we don't know anyone at all it would be good to know if anyone wants to meet up - "we" are...Sharon (39), Paul (39) and Nathan (2). I start work (full time) on the 13 Oct but am free anytime up to then and after that, on any weekend...my/our social calendar is hardly busy just now!! Hubby is also keen to meet other guys as he wants to start playing football and golf again asap...personally I think the sport is just an excuse for the few beers afterwards!
Would be good to hear from any other people who are in a similar situation or who just want to extend their social circle to include a chatty Yorkshirewoman, a social Scotsman and a boisterous 2 year old!

Sharon
Hi Sharon -

We are not in Brisbane, yet but hope to be in November. So hold that thought for when we arrive - would like to do a meet up then - hopefully will be your 2nd!

i'll watch for postings!
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:08 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Newbie plea from NW Brisbane!

Check out this meet there are a few of us northside nearest Ferny Hills although it is entitled south brisbane we meet in central brissy so it is easy for everyone to get to.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561984
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=561984

Jo - fellow yorks girl