Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie in need of advice

Newbie in need of advice

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

feenat86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie in need of advice

Hi - I have just started looking into the possibility of emigrating to Australia and need some advice

I have been looking on the Australia high commision site for information but i thought i would ask people in the know

I work as a Satellite and Aerial Installer and cannot find the job listed on the Occupations list but there are a couple of titles that it could come under but i am not sure if this would be accepted or not - does anyone know if this trade is in demand in Oz.

Also how long do you have to have been doing the trade for it to qualify

On the visa side of things i was wondering does my wife and daughter come under my visa application or do they have to apply in there own right

any help would be appreciate and thanks in advance
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in need of advice

Originally Posted by feenat86
Hi - I have just started looking into the possibility of emigrating to Australia and need some advice

I have been looking on the Australia high commision site for information but i thought i would ask people in the know

I work as a Satellite and Aerial Installer and cannot find the job listed on the Occupations list but there are a couple of titles that it could come under but i am not sure if this would be accepted or not - does anyone know if this trade is in demand in Oz.

On the visa side of things i was wondering does my wife and daughter come under my visa application or do they have to apply in there own right

Does this sound like what you do? http://jobguide.thegoodguides.com.au....cfm?jobid=718
Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by feenat86

Dont know bout job but wife an kids are included in your application of the visa.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
This is very similar but i think this is more telecom work - although i do do some telecom work i am not a fully qualified telecoms engineer

I install Satellite TV for Sky TV and also do TV Aerial Installations - the list doesnt list them together or individually but i thought there must be a category on the list that it may come under as it isnt everyones cup of tea to work on roofs and heights

I will keep searching - thanks anyway
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mum01753
Dont know bout job but wife an kids are included in your application of the visa.
thats good to know - thank you