Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Newbie - introduction

Newbie - introduction

Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice
Thumbs up Newbie - introduction

Hi

we have been lurking around here for a while, picking up excellent information,
but now feel I should introduce myself (and the family).
My name is Neil, and together with my wife and 3 children (aged 14, 4 and 2)
are just starting out on our journey to Oz.

Have appointed George Lombard as our agent (after all the recommendations on this site)
and have got my Uncle who is living in Queensland to agree to sponsor us

I work in IT and am applying for RPL via ACS which I know is going to be a struggle,
but with Georges help, am confident I can get through it.

Anyway, hopefully we'll be posting and replying more and more over the next 12-18 months.

All the best

Neil
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Re: Newbie - introduction

Originally Posted by clan_campbell
Hi

Have appointed George Lombard as our agent (after all the recommendations on this site)

I work in IT and am applying for RPL via ACS which I know is going to be a struggle,

Anyway, hopefully we'll be posting and replying more and more over the next 12-18 months.

All the best

Neil
Hi there

May I be one of the first to say a big hello and welcome to the madhouse! May your immigration journey be a smooth and happy one. Me, my hubby Andy and our two boys are hoping to head to Perth next year. Congratulations on making the decision and for posting!

Lindsey
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

depaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud ofdepaiva has much to be proud of

Hi

All the best

Neil

Hi Campbell clan,

Welcome to the forum and all the best in your journey to get to Aus....

Paula
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:17 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

All the best

Neil
Welcome and enjoy,

Hope we can help.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Hi C_C

Welcome to the gang!!

I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:25 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

hi! welcome! enjoy!

jan & gaz xx
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:30 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum Neil and family
Good luck and hold on tight to the rollercoaster !!
Carole
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

glasurit will become famous soon enoughglasurit will become famous soon enough

Hi

All the best

Neil

Welcome - we're new too. Just me, common-law-wife and dogs. We're looking at Queensland and George Lombard also.

We'll be bumping into you on these boards for a long while too.

I've only posted a few messages tonight and have had positive, informative and friendly feedback. Feel like I'm in class oz 101 and its great.

My missus has a First Class (honours) Degree in English but we had to ditch going on her credentials because her work experience has been management, bookselling and (time-off) writing. So, we're going on mine. Quite chuffed that I'm on the modl so life is looking better.

My missus writes HTML in notepad, constructs websites and builds software in visual basic but I don't think that helps when it was only 1 yr of a degree - a joint module of something. She's thinking of retraining with Oz qualifications, part-time, when we get there so long as she still has plenty of time for writing. Any advice or insight?

Cheers,

Glasurit.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:28 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. Good luck with it.

Paul.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 1:56 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

All the best

Neil
Welcome to the forum, Neil - I do hope your emigration journey is a smooth and easy one. How do your kids feel about the adventure?

Sue
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:29 pm
jackie

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi there

May I be one of the first to say a big hello and welcome to the madhouse! May your immigration journey be a smooth and happy one. Me, my hubby Andy and our two boys are hoping to head to Perth next year. Congratulations on making the decision and for posting!

Lindsey
Hi there lindsey were hoping to emigrate next year if everything goes to plan my husband is a refrigeration engineer on ship containers i have there children aged 15 ,8,and 7 were hoping to go to perth although a jog offer in brisbnae .Have you been to oz before hope you write back jackie liverpool

Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:37 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CC and Glasurit,
Welcome to you all.
Julie
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Welcome to the forum, Neil - I do hope your emigration journey is a smooth and easy one. How do your kids feel about the adventure?

Sue

Thanks Sue

well the two youngest dont / wont really know that much about it. Our eldest
is really looking forward to it at the moment. We are hoping that he can finish
off GCSE's etc and start college in Aus, thats if it all goes to plan

All the best

Neil
Old Oct 13th 2005, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by glasurit
Welcome - we're new too. Just me, common-law-wife and dogs. We're looking at Queensland and George Lombard also.

We'll be bumping into you on these boards for a long while too.

I've only posted a few messages tonight and have had positive, informative and friendly feedback. Feel like I'm in class oz 101 and its great.

My missus has a First Class (honours) Degree in English but we had to ditch going on her credentials because her work experience has been management, bookselling and (time-off) writing. So, we're going on mine. Quite chuffed that I'm on the modl so life is looking better.

My missus writes HTML in notepad, constructs websites and builds software in visual basic but I don't think that helps when it was only 1 yr of a degree - a joint module of something. She's thinking of retraining with Oz qualifications, part-time, when we get there so long as she still has plenty of time for writing. Any advice or insight?

Cheers,

Glasurit.
Hi Glasurit

ive just returned to the forum tonight, and its great to see all these people
welcoming you isn't it ?

To all those who have replied - thanks very much. It really is good having such and active forum as this,
where everyone seems so supportive and ready to help.

Is your wife looking to retrain in something in IT ?

All the best Neil