Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new year's eve in perth

new year's eve in perth

Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Question new year's eve in perth

We've just had our flights etc.confirmed and we're due to arrive in Perth on New Year's eve.Has anyone got any recommendations on where to go with 2 teenage kids,that's if we're not all too knackered after the long flight!! Do hotels do anything? We're staying at the Saville Park Suites which I think is on Hay st in the CBD.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: new year's eve in perth

Originally Posted by bushy
We've just had our flights etc.confirmed and we're due to arrive in Perth on New Year's eve.Has anyone got any recommendations on where to go with 2 teenage kids,that's if we're not all too knackered after the long flight!! Do hotels do anything? We're staying at the Saville Park Suites which I think is on Hay st in the CBD.
Funnily enough, if you do a search in this forum you'll find the very same question was asked a couple of weeks ago!

I used to work right next to the Saville Park Suites. You're very handy for Gloucester Park there. Plus there is a decent pub close by too, near the Perth Mint. The name escapes me right now, sorry.
Enjoy!
Old Dec 8th 2006, 1:13 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyclemark
Funnily enough, if you do a search in this forum you'll find the very same question was asked a couple of weeks ago!

I used to work right next to the Saville Park Suites. You're very handy for Gloucester Park there. Plus there is a decent pub close by too, near the Perth Mint. The name escapes me right now, sorry.
Enjoy!
That would be the The Grosvenor pub (or the "G" as we used to refer to it as when it was our local after work)
Old Dec 8th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by steve99
That would be the The Grosvenor pub (or the "G" as we used to refer to it as when it was our local after work)
Thats the baby, yeah. Good place.

Message to the original poster - don't bother with the nearest pub to Saville Suites, the one opposite the Post Office & the Cat Stop. Can't remember the name of that one either!