New Year's Eve

Old Dec 16th 2002, 4:52 am
cam
Just Joined

cam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Year's Eve

Hi,
I would be very grateful if you could help me.
We are in Sydney for New Year's Eve i don't feel like going into a packed bar or staying in packed street to see the fireworks over sydney harbour, i was hoping someone could recommend a safe spot (park) etc where we could go and get a good view of everything, maybe take a six pack or bottle of wine and see the fireworks from there even if it was a few kilometres from the city? I would be so grateful if anyone could help me.
Thanks
Carmel
Old Dec 16th 2002, 6:25 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Year's Eve

Originally posted by cam
Hi,
I would be very grateful if you could help me.
We are in Sydney for New Year's Eve i don't feel like going into a packed bar or staying in packed street to see the fireworks over sydney harbour, i was hoping someone could recommend a safe spot (park) etc where we could go and get a good view of everything, maybe take a six pack or bottle of wine and see the fireworks from there even if it was a few kilometres from the city? I would be so grateful if anyone could help me.
Thanks
Carmel
Well, most places with a view of the fireworks are packed. Best bet is to have friends who live in Kirribilli or Neutral Bay and get them to have a party! Failing that, we enjoyed Cremorne Point - its busy but we turned up at 9pm and found space (just) for our camping chairs. Just make sure your bladder is empty before you get there as the womens queue was so bad that many resorted to public displays of their own.