British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   New Year's Day - Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-years-day-brisbane-816604/)

scottishcelts Dec 15th 2013 12:41 pm

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11037624)
:thumbsup: That'd be fab!!

:drinkingpals:

:thumbup: yeay

Alfresco Dec 16th 2013 6:12 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts (Post 11037604)
Mr SC and I might be along, (depending on how things go with the fam and obviously Hogmanay) :ohmy::eek::o

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11037624)
:thumbsup: That'd be fab!!

:drinkingpals:

:thumbsup:

scottishcelts Dec 20th 2013 8:01 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 11038908)

:thumbsup::cool::drinkwine::santa:

Carbery Dec 24th 2013 8:47 am

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 11036917)
:rofl:That is totally wrong ! :thumbdown: It's not pink it's SALMON !:lol::lol:

Yes but it was Pink salmon

bobbyftm Dec 25th 2013 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 11050081)
Yes but it was Pink salmon

You my friend are a "dead man walking " as they say :lol:

Pollyana Dec 25th 2013 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 11050784)
You my friend are a "dead man walking " as they say :lol:

Paul really needs to turn up in 'that shirt' and we can then take a vote on it!

Pollyana Dec 25th 2013 9:52 pm

For any newbies reading this - although some of us have known each other for years, we all met through BE, and so are only too ready to welcome new arrivals as we all remember what it was like arriving and feeling lost at times like New Year - well some of us still get that feeling 10 years on :o However, this was the way that we made some lasting friendships :)

So please, all welcome, I will even blow the cobwebs off my witchy hat and sit it on the table so people can spot us easily :thumbup:

Alfresco Dec 26th 2013 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11051252)
For any newbies reading this - although some of us have known each other for years, we all met through BE, and so are only too ready to welcome new arrivals as we all remember what it was like arriving and feeling lost at times like New Year - well some of us still get that feeling 10 years on :o However, this was the way that we made some lasting friendships :)

So please, all welcome, I will even blow the cobwebs off my witchy hat and sit it on the table so people can spot us easily :thumbup:

Noted. :D

Carbery Dec 26th 2013 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11051252)

Great point Polly - we have met all of our friends through BE and the New Years Day session is a very relaxed, friendly experience. Any new arrivals or people needing a chat with people who have a shared experience of emigrating should consider popping along..

Pollyana Dec 26th 2013 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 11051382)
Noted. :D

back in the days when we did regular meets in Gilhooleys it sat on the table every time, many expats tracked us down just by spotting my hat! I even remember once getting on the train from Toombul into the city for a meet wearing the hat :rofl: Two expats had said they would be on the teain too and it was the easiest way to find each other!

Alfresco Dec 26th 2013 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11051551)
back in the days when we did regular meets in Gilhooleys it sat on the table every time, many expats tracked us down just by spotting my hat! I even remember once getting on the train from Toombul into the city for a meet wearing the hat :rofl: Two expats had said they would be on the teain too and it was the easiest way to find each other!

The hat is hard to miss. :)

Pollyana Dec 27th 2013 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 11051873)
The hat is hard to miss. :)

The new one will be even better, but I'm not sure that will get here in time for this meet! Might have to fall back on the ancient 10 year old cider- infused one!!

Alfresco Dec 28th 2013 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11052560)
The new one will be even better, but I'm not sure that will get here in time for this meet! Might have to fall back on the ancient 10 year old cider- infused one!!

:thumbup:

rasen78 Dec 29th 2013 8:28 am

I WANNA COOOMMMMEEEE :cry_smile::cry_smile:

Pollyana Dec 29th 2013 8:32 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 11054194)
I WANNA COOOMMMMEEEE :cry_smile::cry_smile:

Awwwww....leave him wiv the kids and get on a plane :thumbsup: