British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   New Year's Day - Brisbane (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-years-day-brisbane-816604/)

Pollyana Dec 1st 2013 5:17 am

New Year's Day - Brisbane
 
Really early heads up, but thats not a bad thing at this time of year!

For more years than I can remember now there is been a gathering of Expats at the Pig and Whistle in Rverside/Eagle Street, Brisbane on New Years Day. Most of us are either current or former BE posters but there are also now a lot of others who come along for the craic.
Any time after midday usually, as we emerge from hangovers or night shifts, everyone welcome, so if you are at a loose end, feel free to come along.

:thumbsup: :drinkingpals: :thumbsup: :drinkingpals:

pome bstrd Dec 2nd 2013 1:03 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 
sounds great......... we could swap football shirts at the end of the night :goodpost: ill where mine if you where yours?

Pollyana Dec 2nd 2013 5:02 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by pome bstrd (Post 11016142)
sounds great......... we could swap football shirts at the end of the night :goodpost: ill where mine if you where yours?

I'll wear it but I'd never swap it, far too proud of it for that!

Do come along if you can, its always a good afternnoon's drinking :thumbup:

Alfresco Dec 3rd 2013 11:56 pm

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 
Will see what I can do now that I am emancipated. :D

Pollyana Dec 4th 2013 6:00 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 11019705)
Will see what I can do now that I am emancipated. :D

Ah yes, you are now a member of the free world again! Be good to see you if uou can fit it into that hectic social life of yours!

:drinkingpals:

Alfresco Dec 4th 2013 6:06 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11020005)
Ah yes, you are now a member of the free world again! Be good to see you if uou can fit it into that hectic social life of yours!

:drinkingpals:


:thumbup:

:drinkingpals:

Carbery Dec 4th 2013 8:19 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11015204)
Really early heads up, but thats not a bad thing at this time of year!

For more years than I can remember now there is been a gathering of Expats at the Pig and Whistle in Rverside/Eagle Street, Brisbane on New Years Day. Most of us are either current or former BE posters but there are also now a lot of others who come along for the craic.
Any time after midday usually, as we emerge from hangovers or night shifts, everyone welcome, so if you are at a loose end, feel free to come along.

:thumbsup: :drinkingpals: :thumbsup: :drinkingpals:


Lady Carbery & myself will be there..

Alfresco Dec 4th 2013 10:02 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 11020155)
Lady Carbery & myself will be there..

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...72/worship.gif

Pollyana Dec 4th 2013 12:55 pm

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 11020155)
Lady Carbery & myself will be there..

We will roll out the red carpet for the local royalty :lol:


Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 11020273)

:rofl:

I might even remember to bring the cash for the dongle :thumbup:

Alfresco Dec 4th 2013 6:31 pm

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11020480)
We will roll out the red carpet for the local royalty :lol:



:rofl:

I might even remember to bring the cash for the dongle :thumbup:

Ow yeah. :thumbup:

Brisbane bound Dec 5th 2013 5:12 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 
I would love to come along! It will be great to meet you all!:thumbsup:

bobbyftm Dec 5th 2013 7:48 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 
Rooms booked so it would be rude of us not to call in and wish everyone glad tidings et al ! :sneaky:

PAP01 Dec 5th 2013 8:15 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 
I may pop along if i feel like it ;)

Pollyana Dec 5th 2013 8:24 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by Brisbane bound (Post 11021513)
I would love to come along! It will be great to meet you all!:thumbsup:

Be good to meet you :thumbup:

Originally Posted by bobbyftm (Post 11021600)
Rooms booked so it would be rude of us not to call in and wish everyone glad tidings et al ! :sneaky:

And you wouldn't want to be rude now, would you :p


Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 11021641)
I may pop along if i feel like it ;)

Might just see you there then!

:drinkingpals:

bobbyftm Dec 5th 2013 8:25 am

Re: New Year's Day - Brisbane
 

Originally Posted by PAP01 (Post 11021641)
I may pop along if i feel like it ;)

Only if the Mrs lets you ! :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:53 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.