Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new to this where do start.

new to this where do start.

Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

davemac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to this where do start.

Hello everyone ive done a bit of research and would like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction as where to start first. hopefully id like to go to adelaide.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:49 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to this where do start.

Originally Posted by davemac
Hello everyone ive done a bit of research and would like to know if anyone can point me in the right direction as where to start first. hopefully id like to go to adelaide.
Hiya

You can use the search facility - put in "Adelaide" and loads will come up.
You can also post questions and peeps will be along to answer them.

Have you applied for a visa yet?

Good luck
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

Irish John is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Davemac,

New to this also and moving to Adelaide as well. I've applied for a 163 visa in July and am hoping to move in January.

Have you been to Adelaide? What made you decide on it?

John.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:18 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Davemac , good place to start if you are unsure as to which visa you will need

http://www.immi.gov.au/
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hiya

You can use the search facility - put in "Adelaide" and loads will come up.
You can also post questions and peeps will be along to answer them.

Have you applied for a visa yet?

Good luck
no i havent applied for a visa who do you suggest
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Irish John
Hi Davemac,

New to this also and moving to Adelaide as well. I've applied for a 163 visa in July and am hoping to move in January.

Have you been to Adelaide? What made you decide on it?

John.
hi john

whats a 163, adelaide although i know nothing about it seems quieter than the other cities. the one thing it does have is a school for my daughter
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

You need to decide how you are going to get out there Visa wise.

There are ones if you are a skilled worker, or married to an Aussie, or have family over there already etc.

Have a look at the Aus Government websites.

There are agencies who will do all the donkey work for you (for a fee) or you can DIY it.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Hi,, ask away, I lived in adelaide,,were abouts in Adelaide you settling?

Bluekipper
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Hi,, ask away, I lived in adelaide,,were abouts in Adelaide you settling?

Bluekipper
not sure where to go, would like somewhere quiet near the hills possibly. is there good and bad areas
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bibbs
You need to decide how you are going to get out there Visa wise.

There are ones if you are a skilled worker, or married to an Aussie, or have family over there already etc.

Have a look at the Aus Government websites.

There are agencies who will do all the donkey work for you (for a fee) or you can DIY it.
how do i DIY it where do i start
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:21 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

er try here

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...60&postcount=4
Old Sep 19th 2008, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Irish John is an unknown quantity at this point

I DIY'd my visa application, now I haven't got it yet so it may or may not be the way to go. There's one hell of a lot of paperwork involved but the instructions on what exactly they want are fairly clear.

you can get all the info you need on the DIAC site. www.immi.gov.au

The 163 is just a type of visa, there's loads of them depending upon what your plans are and situation.

John.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:59 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

By researching. You can either ask many one-line questions on the forums (which might start to get very tedious for you and the responders), do a lot of searching (nearly any question you might have has been answered on here already) or... go along to a local large bookshop and get hold of a couple of books on moving to Australia. There are lots of them (last time I looked in Waterstones I found five). In fact.... here's one: Living and Working In Australia by David Hampshire (the link is to the February 2008 edition on Amazon.co.uk).

Nobody can really answer the question "where do I start" in detail: so much depends on your circumstances.

Cheers
b
Old Oct 16th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

brandyslad is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Also new to this, from Ireland and hoping to go on a 175 Sponsored Visa to South Australia. Has anyone any good rental or jobs sites specific to Adelaide and what is the main newspaper for the city?
Old Oct 16th 2008, 11:13 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Start here mate http://www.immi.gov.au/ to find out:

a) If you're eligible for a visa
b) which one and how to get it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.