Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New weather record for Melbourne

New weather record for Melbourne

Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:38 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default New weather record for Melbourne

Today was the 100th day in a row with temps above 20 degrees....lovely

Shit weather in Melbourne
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New weather record for Melbourne

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Today was the 100th day in a row with temps above 20 degrees....lovely

Shit weather in Melbourne
I was there on one of them and it was the coldest 20c I've ever experienced....everyone had long coats, thick jackets....icy rain and wind and my wife said it reminded her of her homeland (UK). But I'm sure the other 99 were good...
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Mike 3G has a spectacular aura aboutMike 3G has a spectacular aura aboutMike 3G has a spectacular aura about

Weather in Melbourne/Geelong area is bloody fantastic in summer IMO and pretty good in the autumn months. The winter and spring are a little cooler than I would like. However I am amazed at the number of times I'm told its just like the UK weather wise....must visit that part of the homeland on our next trip must be popular with sun bathers
Old Mar 18th 2010, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike 3G
Weather in Melbourne/Geelong area is bloody fantastic in summer IMO and pretty good in the autumn months. The winter and spring are a little cooler than I would like. However I am amazed at the number of times I'm told its just like the UK weather wise....must visit that part of the homeland on our next trip must be popular with sun bathers
The thing about February and March is that it has been quite humid this year. Visiting Queenslanders have remarked on the resemblance.

Why is that visitors always seem to arrive on bad days?

Melbourne is a lot warmer than the UK. People in Melbourne like the cooler months of March and April. When was the last time you heard a majority of UK people say "Thank God September is here - the summer was getting hot". Of course, coming out of a two week UK August heatwave might make people breathe a sigh of relief - but by September people are muttering about putting on their central heating!