new visa rules?

Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default new visa rules?

Don't know if anyone has already posted this - difficult to do a search! - but I've just had the following email from LIVE IN australia.com (as I'm on their mailing list).
Don't know how accurate it is but thought it may be of interest:

The Australian Government, for a short time, is opening more doors for Skilled and Working Holiday visa applicants, so we thought we should advise you straight away about this exciting news!

Skilled Migration

additional 20,000 skilled visas available in 2005-06, totaling 97,000
more trades and engineering occupations will be added to an expanded Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL)

an extra 10 points will be allocated for State/Region sponsorship under the Skilled Independent Regional (SIR) visa

introduction of a new pilot program allowing overseas students to undertake trade apprenticeships in regional Australia

Working Holiday

from November 2005, Working Holiday Makers (WHM's) will be able to apply for a second WHM visa if they have completed at least 3 months seasonal harvest work in regional Australia

over 100,000 visas expected in 2004-05, and expected to grow in 2005-06

WHM visa holders will be allowed to apply for a Skilled Independent Regional visa while still onshore, providing a pathway to permanent residence