Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to Secret Harbour, WA - want to meet families xxx

New to Secret Harbour, WA - want to meet families xxx

Old Feb 1st 2012, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

The Pritchards is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Secret Harbour, WA - want to meet families xxx

We moved to Secret Harbour 8 weeks ago and we are desperate to start meeting new people. We have 2 children, age 7 and nearly 3. We love having fun and enjoing life. So if anyone wants to get together then let us know xxx
Old Feb 1st 2012, 1:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Secret Harbour, WA - want to meet families xxx

Hi and welcome to BE,

I'm not in Australia but wanted to stop by and say hi. I know we have some members in your area and I'm sure someone will stop by. I've moved your thread to out Meet-Up section for you, but you might want to also check out and interact in other sections of the forum and that way you will get to know everyone. The Barbie is a good place to hang out, chat, banter and chew the fat, so if you have a spare 5 mins get yourself a nice cuppa, pull up a chair and your keyboard and dig in

In the meantime if you get stuck on anything on the site please give me a shout.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

gilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant futuregilly1020 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The Pritchards
We moved to Secret Harbour 8 weeks ago and we are desperate to start meeting new people. We have 2 children, age 7 and nearly 3. We love having fun and enjoing life. So if anyone wants to get together then let us know xxx
Hi there, we are moving to that area in May and would love to meet up with other people. We have a 10 month old boy. What is Secret Harbour like for children and childcare? sorry didn't mean to turn you post into Question Time
Gill
Old Feb 1st 2012, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

Its a lovely place, we have only been here 8 weeks. My little boy started school yesterday, it seems a lot more laid back than the UK but he was happy enough when he came out.

Childcare seems good, the nursery in Secret Harbour is full but there are others i have researched in the surrounding areas which seem really good.

Where are you moving from, give us a bell wen you arrive cus we really wanna meet people.

No probs for the questions cus its normally the other way round so its nice to answer some rather than me asking them all the time xxx
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

John Mc will become famous soon enoughJohn Mc will become famous soon enough

We are in the process of waiting for a job offer if we get offered the position then we will probably be moving to the Secret Harbour area. We have 2 children, a boy aged 6 and a girl aged 8.

Which school does your child go to?

Are there are a lot of acitivities to do in the area?

I have done a lot of research into the area but there is nothing like first hand experience.

Cheers

John
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Hi there John,

My little boy is 7 and he started secret harbour primary yesterday. We have only been here 8 weeks from the UK. The school seems a lot more laid back and we cant get used to how the school is all open cus the school in the uk was like a zoo!!!! The kids were all caged in.
I have enrolled me and my little girl in playgroup for next week. There is a surf club, pub and i have seen a scout club advertised. Were new ourselves so sorry if im not too clued up!!!
It is a lovely area and im sure you'll love it.
Where do you live at the mo xxx
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

John Mc will become famous soon enoughJohn Mc will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply, I know that there is also a golf course which is great I'm sure we'd be very happy in that area, we're also looking at Secret Harbour Primary so I will probably message you closer to the time of the move, if we get the offer, to see how the school is treating you and your child.

I currently live in Widnes, Cheshire.
Old Feb 16th 2012, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Hi there, we are in Baldivis if you fancy meeting up sometime. I have offered meeting up with someone else, thinking we could all meet up together sometime, kill 2 birds with one stone!

Vicky
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

Spenmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vicky
Check out the Buggybuddys website. It's a FREE Perth based website that was set up in July last year by 2 British expats (who actually met each other on this site) who had moved over here with young families and realised the quicker you made friends the easier it is to feel settled! I've made lots of lovely friends through the site. The website's focus is 'helping families find friends' and it is great as you can search for other members in your area with the same aged kids. Members can arrange their own meet-ups and create their own groups and Buggybuddys themselves run 3-5 meet-ups a week. The also have a great events calendar where you can find all the family events that are taking place around Perth and there is info on your local library, toy library and family friendly restaurants.
Good luck with settling in to life in Perth. It's a great place to be once you get into the swing of things!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:52 am
Just Joined

xJanex is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi The Prichards

We just moved to Mandurah in October so were still new to WA, My little boy is 3, Would be lovely to meet up as your not far from us, let me know if you fancie it and whens best.

Jane

EDIT: Just removed email address for privacy. People can post or PM you.

Last edited by Alfresco; Feb 24th 2012 at 7:57 am. Reason: Remove email address.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

popp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nice

Hello - We're in Secret Harbour, moved here about 4 weeks ago & would love to meet up. My kids are much older 17 & 13, but I'm keen to find friends here too.
Jo
Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Pennines49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to S.Harbour.

One 9 yrs old boy, here 3 yrs.

Anthony
Old Mar 7th 2012, 6:43 am
Just Joined

xJanex is an unknown quantity at this point

Would be lovely to meet up, we don't know many people here and we've come out knowing nobody.

Were coming up to the Easter holidays too so would be good to organise something, What do you think?

Jx
Old Mar 7th 2012, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

popp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nicepopp68 is just really nice

Sounds good - we'll be here & adult company is something I'm beginning to crave!
Jo.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:51 pm
Perth WA

Twinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud ofTwinsdad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Pritchards
Hello We're moving in to Secret Harbour 2nd/3rd week of next month, we've got twins Oliver and Grace - 3 in august and Alysha 17. We're keen to meet people in the area and get out exploring our new home, be great to hook up and say hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.