Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New school in Perth

New school in Perth

Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Teacher's apple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New school in Perth

Has anyone looked at The International School of Perth yet? It is a school where many students and teachers are ex-pats. They have an academic schedule that follows the nothern hemisphere(August to June). Plus, academics are stressed much more than sports.

I am quite biased, but check them out. www.isperth.org
Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:29 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New school in Perth

Originally posted by Teacher's apple
Has anyone looked at The International School of Perth yet? It is a school where many students and teachers are ex-pats. They have an academic schedule that follows the nothern hemisphere(August to June). Plus, academics are stressed much more than sports.

I am quite biased, but check them out. www.isperth.org
Those fees seem high - I was looking at private in Sydney but cannot afford it for two children and I am on a semi decent income. I know you get a reduction for being PR but even after that 10K a year middle school rising to 12 in upper. That is on a par with some of the really expensive Sydney ones.

I know if you do the division to UK pounds it does seem cheaper but on AUS income net 20K a year is expensive to me - anyone else on this site think this is reasonable.Or is anyone else paying more for private.

Here in Sydney some of the private schools have bigger class sizes than the public. The extras for the schools are bad enough for public - currently paying about 500 - 600 a year for books etc once the activities go on private was out of my league. My daughter is a primary class of about 20. Son has about 22 depending on class he is in.

Cheers