Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New processing time info

New processing time info

Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:35 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future
Post New processing time info

Hi All

I just saw this on the immigration thread thought it might help others too.

This from Go Matilda (thanks Alan)
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=305

"Skilled Processing Generally
- The Skilled Processing Centre intends to encourage the front end loading of all offshore applications (ie applications under subclass numbers 134, 136, 137, 138, and 139)

- It is intended that all such applications will also be assessed within seven days of receipt in Adelaide. The acknowledgement of receipt of the visa application will then be despatched within that same timeframe with a request for the lodgement of any
outstanding documentation"

Cheers:scared:
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all
Default Re: New processing time info

Originally posted by badri
Hi All

I just saw this on the immigration thread thought it might help others too.

This from Go Matilda (thanks Alan)
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=305

"Skilled Processing Generally
- The Skilled Processing Centre intends to encourage the front end loading of all offshore applications (ie applications under subclass numbers 134, 136, 137, 138, and 139)

- It is intended that all such applications will also be assessed within seven days of receipt in Adelaide. The acknowledgement of receipt of the visa application will then be despatched within that same timeframe with a request for the lodgement of any
outstanding documentation"

Cheers:scared:

Badri,
U seem desperate, I hope you get an answer soon!

If anyone could help me! I have frontloaded everything (end March). will it be faster for me too? (skilled austr. sponsored).

thxxxxx fabie
Old Jun 16th 2004, 3:44 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi Swissfabs,
Let me put this way I am curious instead of desperate.
I trying to keep myself realistics to 50 weeks still

Cheers
adri
Old Jun 16th 2004, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Badri, When did you submit, and what visa type?
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

elaine.mrml is an unknown quantity at this point

Fabie

We front-loaded (Skilled Aus. Sponsored) 15 December 2003. Got our visas 23 April 2004. Only just over 4 months. We were glad we did. Off to Cairns 18th August. All the best!

Elaine
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:38 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Badri, When did you submit, and what visa type?
Well, I applied on 8th april through george lombard as skilled independent.
The new rule seems to be that we can front load all the stuff i mean meds and pcc.

They also state that it will be processed quickly. The question is will it have an impact on the current applications.

That made me thinking and getting stressed
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Iam slightly confused doesn't the skilled independent 136 take 50 weeks? What do you need to do to front load meds and police checks.We have been told by our agent to forget about everything now for the next 6 months.We applied on the 13th April and have been acknowledged.
Please can anyone advise or am I being thick or something Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:19 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Iam slightly confused doesn't the skilled independent 136 take 50 weeks? What do you need to do to front load meds and police checks.We have been told by our agent to forget about everything now for the next 6 months.We applied on the 13th April and have been acknowledged.
no not being thick.seems goalposts maybe changed again but this time to skilled ind. benefit.

may be worth hanging out on the immi site to see what is posted by those in the know over the next few days.

re:your agent -This was the case(50 weeks) but if new rules are put in place your agent should be advising you accordingly

(is it just me or are my posts starting to sound all professional )like)
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by seang
no not being thick.seems goalposts maybe changed again but this time to skilled ind. benefit.

may be worth hanging out on the immi site to see what is posted by those in the know over the next few days.

re:your agent -This was the case(50 weeks) but if new rules are put in place your agent should be advising you accordingly

(is it just me or are my posts starting to sound all professional )like)
Thanks Seang really hope your right.We may be in for a shock.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:50 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

Originally posted by Dreamaway 10
Hi

I do see how you are thinking. I had the same thought but i hope this one also applies to skilled independent who applied during the month of april before and after.

As the last post we need to keep our eyes on immi site and get the advies of agents.

God I hope this is all true and applies to skilled independent.

Cheers
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:27 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!

Front-loading is a gamble.

All applications have to go through the same processes dependent upon category type.

The only time you will cut out is the waiting period to get the meds & PCCs done, sent off and the waiting to lodge the bond.

In all you will still have to wait for an average of between time of 6-12 months. At present they are coming back in about 6 months but some sooner at about 4 months from lodgement.

Just remember that once granted you visa you will only have the remainder of the year for the validity of the sooner of those two checks to enter Oz and validate your visa.
eg get PCCs 1st Nov03 /Meds 1st Dec /Lodge app 1st Jan...
granted visa 1st June04....you will only have until 1st Nov 04 to enter OZ!!! If its the PCCs fine get some more...just a few pounds...but if it was the medicals....!!!!...££££sss##!!!!Uh! Oh!
Thats costly!!!
And what about selling up in time???
What about planning removals??? :scared:
What about flights???

Don't worry...Not saying don't do it!...it's great if you can( we couldn't) but just beware!!

GOOD LUCK with it all though Guys!!!
Dave
Old Jun 17th 2004, 8:24 am
Wannabee Queenslander

Well I heard that this is just a proposal to speed up the process for applicants from july.

I will keep my fingers crossed and stay with the same schedule as mentioned in the acknowledgement.

I do hope that they process things quicker.

Cheers
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Dmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura aboutDmartyos has a spectacular aura about

What does front loading intail?

I have yet to get all my documents together, have just chosen the migration agent whom I will deal with.

So if I apply next couple of weeks/month does that mean that potentially the process time will be reduced from 12/14 months to half this? Even 4 months? Would that mean that I have a shorter time to validate it also?

I want to be realistic but dont really understand the initial comment at the begining.

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2004, 9:40 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dmartyos
What does front loading intail?

I have yet to get all my documents together, have just chosen the migration agent whom I will deal with.

So if I apply next couple of weeks/month does that mean that potentially the process time will be reduced from 12/14 months to half this? Even 4 months? Would that mean that I have a shorter time to validate it also?

I want to be realistic but dont really understand the initial comment at the begining.

Thanks

Front end loading, is where you get Police checks and Medicals sent in with main application.

This should reduce the overall time, for skilled independant processing times.

However , merely requesting that you may front load does not infer that your application will go through quicker.

By the way we are from Coventry, where are you heading??
Old Jun 17th 2004, 4:15 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

Timber is right, front loading doesn't mean it will get processed any quicker.

PCCs and Meds only last for one year!
If you don't get your visa and make entry to validate before they expire then you will have to get them done again!

All that validity time for the checks is wasted away in the waiting time for the processing of the initial application to take place!
It doesn't speed that processing up at all.

That's the main reason why front loading is a gamble.
You really have to be ready to go at the drop of a hat!

If you have money to burn then don't worry!
Me?
I want to save every penny...sorry!...cent....that I can!

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.