Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new to oz and gold coast

new to oz and gold coast

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 4:40 am
Just Joined

PoshPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new to oz and gold coast

this is my first time on this site...have read it often and has made me smile, even chuckle. been here a month, the OH went home 2 wks ago to get his visa (long and boring story) and im here on my own at the mo. have been reading about meet ups...got very excited when the 'ladies who lunch' were meeting this friday...until they changed it to to monday and i only read post on the tuesday!!
am relying on internet cafes at mo to get my fix of BE so dont get to read posts often.
can anyone tell me if there is going to be a meet the 2nd saturday of this month in southport, near australia fair? im living in mermaid beach...just seems a nice place..but have a car so i can go anywhere really. need to meet people as no job as yet which results in expensive phone and text bills home!
PS im not really posh!!
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to oz and gold coast

Originally Posted by PoshPom
this is my first time on this site...have read it often and has made me smile, even chuckle. been here a month, the OH went home 2 wks ago to get his visa (long and boring story) and im here on my own at the mo. have been reading about meet ups...got very excited when the 'ladies who lunch' were meeting this friday...until they changed it to to monday and i only read post on the tuesday!!
am relying on internet cafes at mo to get my fix of BE so dont get to read posts often.
can anyone tell me if there is going to be a meet the 2nd saturday of this month in southport, near australia fair? im living in mermaid beach...just seems a nice place..but have a car so i can go anywhere really. need to meet people as no job as yet which results in expensive phone and text bills home!
PS im not really posh!!
Hi there is ladies meet up on the 10 of April which is for Thursday evening if you are intersted I'll pm you the details.

Farideh
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Dazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud ofDazza49 has much to be proud of

Hi Posh,
Welcome to oz and hope everything goes well for you. There are a few meets on a regular basis. every few weeks there is a pommie girls night out which varies from going to the pictures,drinks night and meal nights. There is one on 10th April which Farideh pm'd you about. Also pm justsarah as she regularly meets with a few girls a couple of times a week for lunch or just coffee.Although she is busy unpacking all her furniture etc which has finally arrived so probably wont be available to meet until after the school holiday.As for gold coast meet i'm not sure whats happened there,I know they've had meets in January and February. Soapy also arranged a football match meet which was also for all the family to enjoy.
I would meet up but work monday to friday but if you fancy meeting up for a coffee on weekend that would be fine by me.

Ally
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:19 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to the gold coast.
its just a shame you missed the girls luch that sarah had organised, but dont worry theres plenty around.
sarah has planned one every month.
chris and farideh has told you about the meet they are having.
im sure theres one in robina at the mo.
and theres a Pommie girls group who hold stuff all the time.
i have a link to most of the meets that have happens in the last 2 years.
click here
theres a lot more meets than this, but i just cant remember them all.

good luck and i hope to catch up with you at one of the big gold coast meets at ashmore in around 6 weeks time. i havent set a date yet, because i dont know how many new people are arriving

soapy
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:20 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Hi there is ladies meet up on the 10 of April which is for Thursday evening if you are intersted I'll pm you the details.

Farideh
could you add the link to the thread here. that way anyone thats new can find it?

soapy
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
could you add the link to the thread here. that way anyone thats new can find it?

soapy
Thursday,10th April
7.00pm
Ashmore Seafood & Steakhouse
528 Ashmore Road
Ashmore
Mains range $18- $27

I need to know numbers so please reply by this weekend.
All welcome

Please let Jane know if you are going, here is her email address:

[email protected]

Sadly I was unable to PM you as you have only one thread, & you wont be able to open your PM, unless you do 3 threads.

farideh
Old Apr 4th 2008, 4:44 am
Just Joined

PoshPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies...nearly made me cry...mad i know but its nice to know there are people out there who have been in same position. i will def email the Pommie girls and hopefully see them thursday...more really because im fed up with cooking for 1 already!

glad no one PM me cos i havent a clue wot that means although i've just seen private messages at the top!! ahh that would be it then! am learning
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:43 am
Master of verbal pish©

Thursday,10th April
7.00pm
528 Ashmore Road
Ashmore
Mains range $18- $27

I need to know numbers so please reply by this weekend.
All welcome

Please let Jane know if you are going, here is her email address:

[email protected]

Sadly I was unable to PM you as you have only one thread, & you wont be able to open your PM, unless you do 3 threads.

farideh
thanks farideh
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by PoshPom
Thank you for the replies...nearly made me cry...mad i know but its nice to know there are people out there who have been in same position. i will def email the Pommie girls and hopefully see them thursday...more really because im fed up with cooking for 1 already!

glad no one PM me cos i havent a clue wot that means although i've just seen private messages at the top!! ahh that would be it then! am learning
theres loads of us out here so you wont be short of someone to natter too. the best way to get an answer on here, is to ask a question
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, just wanted to welcome you to BE and the Gold Coast!! We stayed at Mermaid Beach when we first arrived and totally loved it!!

Good luck with everything!!

Mandy
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Thursday,10th April
7.00pm
528 Ashmore Road
Ashmore
Mains range $18- $27

I'd make this about $18 - $60 for main courses as I went the other night BUT the meals are MASSIVE, order small portions or share! Seriously the Caesar salad one girl had was served in huge bowl (think mixing bowl size!) easily enough for 3 or 4 people! Also they must get through hundreds of iceberg lettuces each night as the side salad comes served in huge iceberg leaves.

Lovely food though, good choice! And drinks are pretty cheap too

Shit decor though, artificial flowers hanging from basket light shades

Enjoy!

ETA - forgot to say hello to PoshPom! Don't worry you'll be well looked after at the meets, there's lots of us on the GC who meet up.

Last edited by Stella340; Apr 7th 2008 at 8:19 am.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the tip Stella, I have never been there myself, I am going there this Thursday to the meet, I am not big eater so I go for smaller portion.

I will pass your message to her, & maybe meet you up on another meet up.

Cheers

Farideh xx

Last edited by chris and farideh; Apr 7th 2008 at 1:43 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I was informed today the portions ars smaller now but still on big plates!!!

hope those going thursday enjoy the company....

See ya soon Poshpom..
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

amberava is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
welcome to the gold coast.
its just a shame you missed the girls luch that sarah had organised, but dont worry theres plenty around.
sarah has planned one every month.
chris and farideh has told you about the meet they are having.
im sure theres one in robina at the mo.
and theres a Pommie girls group who hold stuff all the time.
i have a link to most of the meets that have happens in the last 2 years.
click here
theres a lot more meets than this, but i just cant remember them all.

good luck and i hope to catch up with you at one of the big gold coast meets at ashmore in around 6 weeks time. i havent set a date yet, because i dont know how many new people are arriving

soapy
Hi everyone
We are new to this too although have often read about whats been happening, especially all of the meets.

Just wondering if there has been a date set yet for the next big gold coast meet? We (me, husband,daughters 2+1)would love to be able to make it. We arrive on the 2nd June.

Hope to meet some of you soon
Sharon x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:28 am
Just Joined

amberava is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

We are new to this site too, although have been reading for a while, especially meet ups. They sound great!

Just wondered if a date has been set for the next big gold coast meet? We (myself, husband and 2 daughters 2 +1)would love to be able to make it. We arrive on 2nd June.

Looking forward to meeting up
Sharon x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.