Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New and need help

New and need help

Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:09 am
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New and need help

Hi i am new here but i am hoping someone can help me. I already live in Australia but am applying for PR from here. I have had my UK police checks requested by Adelaide processing ctre, but, i do not know how i can send them payment. They will not accept overseas postal orders or cheques. Obviously cash is out of the question. Does anyone know how i can solve this issue? I have tried to phone them directly every day for the last week or so and nobody has answered their phone.

Thankyou in advance
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I'll reply but I maybe stating the obvious...

Do you happen to know anyone in the UK who can pay the Old Bill for you ?, then you can square them up separately.

Failing that, phone Scottie Yard or the respective Force and explain your circumstances. I'm sure there's a way.

Three Legs
Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Natbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New and need help

Originally posted by cadabra
Hi i am new here but i am hoping someone can help me. I already live in Australia but am applying for PR from here. I have had my UK police checks requested by Adelaide processing ctre, but, i do not know how i can send them payment. They will not accept overseas postal orders or cheques. Obviously cash is out of the question. Does anyone know how i can solve this issue? I have tried to phone them directly every day for the last week or so and nobody has answered their phone.

Thankyou in advance
I don't know if this will help, but can you do a money transfer, like sending money home and then paying the bill.

Don't know if that will work other than that, if you know anyone who can help perhaps ask them.

Nat
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:51 pm
Location.. in my office

cadabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Three Legs
Hi there,

I'll reply but I maybe stating the obvious...

Do you happen to know anyone in the UK who can pay the Old Bill for you ?, then you can square them up separately.

Failing that, phone Scottie Yard or the respective Force and explain your circumstances. I'm sure there's a way.

Three Legs

Hi

I have been trying to phone the correct department at Scotland Yard every day for over a week. I even stayed up till the early hours of the morning, hoping to catch them at different times, but still no joy.

I do not have any family in UK that could pay for me, but even if i did, someone told me that you cannot do it that way as the information has to go staright from me to them and vice versa. (not sure if its true though)
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:06 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Can you get a bank cheque/draft payable in British pounds? I did this (in Australian dollars) when I needed an Oz police check while in the UK.