British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   new to narrabeen (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-narrabeen-615086/)

hairspray Jun 16th 2009 9:28 am

new to narrabeen

Hi
we've arrived in narrabeen (north) & are looking for friends- we have 2 wee ones (3yrs & 18mths).
would love to meet up with ANYONE

suz

plantpot Jun 16th 2009 9:59 am

Re: new to narrabeen

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 7669087)
Hi
we've arrived in narrabeen (north) & are looking for friends- we have 2 wee ones (3yrs & 18mths).

suz

Narabeen is lovely, I went there last week and it was a lovely day!!! (unlike today!)

PM if you want to meet up although I live a bit further out than you...

hairspray Jun 16th 2009 10:06 am

great will PM you :)

caulkhead Jun 23rd 2009 12:36 pm

Hi

I'm not far from Narrabeen. We used to live in Cromer and now live in Frenchs Forest. My two kids (9 and 6) still go to school in Cromer. I do work but only 3 hours a day - so if you do want to meet someone for coffee, give me a shout - be happy to. I'm an army wife so know what it's like to move to somewhere and not know anyone!

Drop me an email if you like - [email protected]

Bye!

22B Jun 24th 2009 9:54 pm

Hi,

There's a meet next week, Tuesday 30th, in Belrose - see the FTC/LTC thread....

nbeaches Jun 25th 2009 4:10 am

how long you been in narrabeen? think we might have met you somewhere before? is your husband called gareth?

hettie Jun 25th 2009 11:26 am

Hi,we're in Mona Vale,only 5 mins away.........I have a 3 year old girl (who acts about 10) It would be lovely to meet up,in fact all of us should meet together (Benny 02 also),Cheers Lisa x

alicat2009 Jun 30th 2009 10:08 am

Hi,

I am living in French Forest and am happy to meet for a chat sometime. I am a friend of Hettie who I try to meet once a week

Aly

hairspray Jul 1st 2009 9:28 am

hello
& thanks for the replies- how about we all try & meet up sometime?
RSVP
:)

alicat2009 Jul 1st 2009 9:43 am

Hi,

Yes I think that would be a fab idea, Hettie has my mobile and I am on facebook

Aly

hettie Jul 1st 2009 10:28 am

Originally Posted by alicat2009 (Post 7714616)
Hi,

Yes I think that would be a fab idea, Hettie has my mobile and I am on facebook

Aly

Hi,a girls night out or a kids day out? i think we should have a kids day out first then arrange a night out? We can do Wednesdays (but plantpot cant)Thursdays afternoon or Friday afternoon,and anywhere.We could all go to Bobbin head for a picnic????? :)

hettie Jul 1st 2009 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by hairspray (Post 7669087)
Hi

suz

Hi,How about next Thurs,11am @ Bobbin Head for picnic,(Benny02,plantpot,hairspray,alycat) and anybody else who fancies it,let us know x x

hairspray Jul 3rd 2009 8:30 am

Excellent see you next wk.... are we meeting in a car park?
i've never been to Bobbin Head before & don't want to spend to the day looking for you all!!!!

hettie Jul 3rd 2009 8:46 am

Originally Posted by hairspray (Post 7719455)
Excellent see you next wk.... are we meeting in a car park?
i've never been to Bobbin Head before & don't want to spend to the day looking for you all!!!!

You can follow me if you like.......Who knows where we'll end up :rofl:,D is good with directions so we'll be ok :)

hairspray Jul 3rd 2009 10:27 am

great & thanks

caulkhead Jul 5th 2009 10:54 am

I work on Thursdays so I won't be able to come, but have a great time - fingers crossed for good weather! ;)

hettie Jul 6th 2009 10:02 am

Originally Posted by caulkhead (Post 7725109)
I work on Thursdays so I won't be able to come, but have a great time - fingers crossed for good weather! ;)

Okey dokey,we ll save you a sausage roll :rofl:

22B Jul 8th 2009 9:32 am

I'd like to come, with my 2-and-a-half-yr-old, if that's OK with you all?

I have met caulkhead before (at Bobbin Head, quite a while ago), but I don't think any of the the rest of you.

Are you meeting at the playground? And do you have a wet weather back-up?
(My last check on BE will be 10:15am......)

- 22B

hettie Jul 8th 2009 9:55 am

Originally Posted by 22B (Post 7733622)
I'd like to come, with my 2-and-a-half-yr-old, if that's OK with you all?

I have met caulkhead before (at Bobbin Head, quite a while ago), but I don't think any of the the rest of you.

Are you meeting at the playground? And do you have a wet weather back-up?
(My last check on BE will be 10:15am......)

- 22B

Hi,Fab! We are meeting about 11.30am at Bobbin head(at the playground),if its wet then,same time at Lollipop-French Forest........I ll pm you with my mobile number if you're not sure where we're meeting,Lisa x :)

hettie Jul 8th 2009 11:02 am

Originally Posted by hettie (Post 7733678)
Hi,Fab! We are meeting about 11.30am at Bobbin head(at the playground),if its wet then,same time at Lollipop-French Forest........I ll pm you with my mobile number if you're not sure where we're meeting,Lisa x :)

Hi all,because of the wet crap weather we ll be meeting at Lollipop,French Forest 11-11.30am,Hope this is ok for everyone :fingerscrossed:

plantpot Jul 8th 2009 11:42 am

Originally Posted by hettie (Post 7733877)
Hi all,because of the wet crap weather we ll be meeting at Lollipop,French Forest 11-11.30am,Hope this is ok for everyone :fingerscrossed:

Where is that?

hettie Jul 8th 2009 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by plantpot (Post 7733989)
Where is that?

Lollipop Playland + Cafe
Level 1
18 Aquatic Drive
Frenchs Forest

Opp. Warringhah swimming baths

22B Jul 8th 2009 10:10 pm

I have a BOGOF voucher (from The Entertainment Book) - anyone want to meet me at the door and split it?

hettie Jul 8th 2009 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by 22B (Post 7735734)
I have a BOGOF voucher (from The Entertainment Book) - anyone want to meet me at the door and split it?

Hiya,did you not get my message,if not i said i would meet you at the front doors,you'll probably receive the message tomorrow,lol See you later x

hettie Jul 8th 2009 11:14 pm

Right i going to WW now to see how much weight ive put on this week:lol: If you want me ive got my phone with me,see you later x

hettie Jul 9th 2009 5:54 am

Thanks guys for a great day,we had a fab time! Let us know where and when the next one is!! See you soon ;) Also we need to arrange a night for Alison (alicat) leaving doo :thumbup:

benny02 Jul 9th 2009 6:36 am

where and when do you want to go out alicat?

hairspray Jul 9th 2009 7:33 am

thanks for a fun day- hope to catch up soon- with or without the wee ones :)

22B Jul 9th 2009 10:22 am

Thanks all - we had a lovely day :)

Boy was pooped...... didn't nod off on the way home, but out like a little light at 6:45!!

caulkhead Jul 9th 2009 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by 22B (Post 7733622)

- 22B

Hi 22B - I haven't been able to make any other FTC meets since as I have been working those Tuesdays! Hope to see you again sometime though - school hols mean I only work minimal hours :)

Sounds like you all had fun today !!

zoe wilson Aug 31st 2009 4:43 am

Originally Posted by nbeaches (Post 7697266)
how long you been in narrabeen? think we might have met you somewhere before? is your husband called gareth?

I was just reading through some of these chats and noticed someone thinking they met before, asking if there hubby was called Gareth, well it may be a coincidence but my name is Zoe and my hubbys Gareth. I did meet a lady on Newport Beach Park who was pregnant like myself and I was looking for a place to live. We now live in Newport very new here and dont know anybody as such. Would be nice as its not the best being pregnant without not having anyone around. Ive spent most of my time getting my two kids sorted.Have my son in school now and 2 yr old daughter in Gymnastics one morning a week. Just need to get myself and hubby a little network of friends. So it would be lovely to hear from anyone else in a similar boat who are close by. Bye for now .

22B Aug 31st 2009 9:33 am

Originally Posted by zoe wilson (Post 7890403)
Just need to get myself and hubby a little network of friends.

There is a meet tomorrow at Balmoral, 11am.
As far as I know there will be at least one 3yr old there.
You can find out more by looking at a thread "FTC 1st September", or PM binbird

zoe wilson Sep 1st 2009 4:52 am

Originally Posted by nbeaches (Post 7697266)

My husbands called Gareth, we may have met a few weeks back at Newport park. Im Zoe and had my little girl with me and son whos 9 on Fri. You will have to drop me a line. Bye for now

zoe wilson Sep 1st 2009 4:58 am

Originally Posted by hairspray (Post 7669087)
Hi

suz

Hi Sue, This site isnt doing me any favours as it wont allow me to access my own messages. It says I dont have enough posts whats the point of that. Anyway luckily it was forwarded to my email address. So let me know if you got my email address . Take care Zoe