Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

ms22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool New member

Hello, I came across this forum through an internet search. My hubby and I are researching moving to South Australia under the SIR visa. I have contacted an immigration agency for help as I dont want to mess up by filing in the application incorrectly. We are sick to death the UK and want a better life for our kids. Any advice would be appreciated on anything to do with emigrating to Oz.

thanks

ms22
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Welcome to the mad house!!!

Any questions you want to ask, then just fire away!!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Indeed, welcome. the answer to any question you have will be found on this site.

Cheers

SS
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

ms22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am curious as to the standard full time working hours in Australia. My hubby works 37 hrs per week. Is it the same over there ?
Also is the education and school system better ?
They dont have the dreaded six weeks holidays do they ?

Sorry if the answers to these questions have already been answered.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ms22
I am curious as to the standard full time working hours in Australia. My hubby works 37 hrs per week. Is it the same over there ?

hi and welcome.....

not sure on the working week bit but i understand it the education system is as good if not better.....as for the holidays i think they do although it is around xmas time as most go back to school at the end of jan......good luck on your quest....its worth the wait..getting the visa is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

scott
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:39 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member

Hello, I came across this forum through an internet search. My hubby and I are researching moving to South Australia under the SIR visa. I have contacted an immigration agency for help as I dont want to mess up by filing in the application incorrectly. We are sick to death the UK and want a better life for our kids. Any advice would be appreciated on anything to do with emigrating to Oz.

thanks

ms22
if it`s adelaide you want look here!(unless you have already )
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...php?act=SC&c=2
Old Jul 5th 2004, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

thanks

ms22

Hi ms22

Welcome, you will find a wealth of information within this forum, in almost anything you want to know and even some you don't. LOL. Have fun reading but be warned:............ it soon becomes very, very addictive.

Lindsey
Old Jul 5th 2004, 9:17 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

I worked 37 in uk too as did hubby. We are on 40 hr contracts here but it ends up over. My company doesn't like people taking lunches though so far I have be it only 10 mins to get a sandwich. We do work overtime unpaid more than we ever did in the UK.

Hope this helps it may not be the norm but it has happened to both of us. We are in Victoria.

Jo
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:00 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

ms22

I would suggest starting by deciding why you are sick of the UK and whether Australia offers any improvement.