Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New McLeod's Daughters tonight (tv)

New McLeod's Daughters tonight (tv)

Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:25 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Cool New McLeod's Daughters tonight (tv)

New series (5) starting tonight on Channel 9, 7.30.

I watched a few episodes last year, and totally fell in love with it.
Then I noticed the dvds in the video shop, so have rented Series 1 and 2 over the last few weeks(40 something eps!!! ), and am now addicted and going back after work to see if they have series 3 as well

This is what I wrote about it on the Bundymum thread:
It's about a group of 'girls' running a farm. So to speak.
It's not just a crap series, it's all shot on location(no studios), on film, on a real working farm near Adelaide, and they really do ride the horses etc.
Of course, it does have a bit of romance and drama mixed in too.
But you see them doing all the farm stuff too, with the horses, sheep, cattle.

Here's the website, all sounds a bit gushy, but it's not too bad. And if you want to know about what's happened in the past without watching all the dvds, look in the 'Episodes' section, and also the Characters part.
http://mcleodsdaughters.ninemsn.com.au/default.aspx
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:27 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New McLeod's Daughters tonight (tv)

[QUOTE=Simone]New series (5) starting tonight on Channel 9, 7.30.

It's not just a crap series,

Yes it is....admit it !
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:29 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Del Boy]
Originally Posted by Simone
New series (5) starting tonight on Channel 9, 7.30.

It's not just a crap series,

Yes it is....admit it !
Well, it's a lot better than Home and Away and Eastenders and 'crap' like that

IMHO!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:33 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Well, it's a lot better than Home and Away and Eastenders and 'crap' like that

IMHO!
Certainly no worse..., there's a lot of crap produced locally, so's to speak.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:35 am
Absinthe Minded

But take it easy on eastenders, or I'll get Phil Mitchell round to sort you
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Thanks for the reminder Simone! Must remember to set the video before I leave for Yoga tonight!!

Very good series, but I'm not sure series three is available on DVD yet, so you might have to wait....oh and I think that's either the series I started watching or it's the series where Claire dies...you need the hankies for that one!!!

Love sophia xx
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:57 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by sophia
Thanks for the reminder Simone! Must remember to set the video before I leave for Yoga tonight!!

Very good series, but I'm not sure series three is available on DVD yet, so you might have to wait....oh and I think that's either the series I started watching or it's the series where Claire dies...you need the hankies for that one!!!

Love sophia xx
Yeah, could be. At the end of series two she's just hurt her leg when in that race, and she's pregnant.
I don't know how she'll die yet, so don't tell me!

I'm wondering how the latest series will measure up to the first 2 now. They were still really about the farmlife, but maybe that's all been covered before now, so they have to keep thinking of new situations..., so more love/romance and drama....?!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Yeah, could be. At the end of series two she's just hurt her leg when in that race, and she's pregnant.
I don't know how she'll die yet, so don't tell me!

I'm wondering how the latest series will measure up to the first 2 now. They were still really about the farmlife, but maybe that's all been covered before now, so they have to keep thinking of new situations..., so more love/romance and drama....?!
oo well that means I started watching during series 3. I think it might not be until the end of 3 or even 4 that she dies...won't spoil it for you tho! But it's really sad!

There is still a fair bit of farmlife going on, but you're right there does seems to be more emphasis on the dramas and stuff now.

Oooo looking forward to tonight now!! How sad is that?!?!

love sophia xx
Old Feb 10th 2005, 2:24 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Well, yeah, it was a bit more 'drama's' and less farm life stuff, but still good enough though
I guess it's the thing like 'the old days are always better'
I really like Claire, but I guess Stevie has sort of taken over from her.
And it's a shame Sonia Todd is gone(though she is still mentioned on the website..), I still remember her from Police Rescue, another good Aussie series.

Oh, and I went to the video shop, and yeah, series 3 isn't out yet...
Have rented The Secret Life of Us instead
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, yeah, it was a bit more 'drama's' and less farm life stuff, but still good enough though
I guess it's the thing like 'the old days are always better'
I really like Claire, but I guess Stevie has sort of taken over from her.
And it's a shame Sonia Todd is gone(though she is still mentioned on the website..), I still remember her from Police Rescue, another good Aussie series.

Oh, and I went to the video shop, and yeah, series 3 isn't out yet...
Have rented The Secret Life of Us instead
And the actors who play Nick and Tess are both leaving this series too!!! :scared: thats going to be sad!

love sophia xx
Old Feb 10th 2005, 5:52 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

And the actors who play Nick and Tess are both leaving this series too!!! :scared: thats going to be sad!

love sophia xx
Really?!!
Mmm, they'll have to rename the series then... no daughters.....
Old Feb 10th 2005, 6:33 am
Badge

[QUOTE=Simone]
But you see them doing all the farm stuff too, with the horses, sheep, cattle.
[QUOTE]

Sounds good.

Badge

Old Feb 10th 2005, 8:59 am
Floribean in wait

oshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the rough

love sophia xx
Ohmigod that's so sad!! I missed what happended to Claire. Can someone PM me with the details so as not to spoil it for the rest. Thanks