Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a new life down under

a new life down under

Old Jan 22nd 2006, 7:45 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute
Smile a new life down under

does anyone know any of the families that were on the programme it would be lovely to know how they are getting on

i wish they would put it on the tv
they just keep repeating the same ones over and over

jan xx
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:06 pm
DAMN.........I'M GOOD

BRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond reputeBRICKY ADE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a new life down under

Originally Posted by robos
does anyone know any of the families that were on the programme it would be lovely to know how they are getting on

jan xx
Yeah, I seem to remember one particular programme which featured the women who split from her (Ozzy) husband a day or two before she was due to fly out, but she she still went none the less with no money and security. I think, she managed to get herself a job (at some sort of veterinary, I think ?)

Does any body know anything

BRICKY ADE
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:09 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos

jan xx
I heard not so long ago that the Skeggs family were still here and in their new house (well new 2 yrs ago anyway) Somebody on this forum had a friend who was a neighbour of theirs.

Don't know about the others
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 8:52 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I heard not so long ago that the Skeggs family were still here and in their new house (well new 2 yrs ago anyway) Somebody on this forum had a friend who was a neighbour of theirs.

One of the families posts on here (the Reeves). The one who's husband got a job as a air con installation manager. Living up in Mooloolabaahhh
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:27 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
One of the families posts on here (the Reeves). The one who's husband got a job as a air con installation manager. Living up in Mooloolabaahhh
What's his name?
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:28 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

She was th eone in Perth wasn't she - a bit of a whinger - Traffic lights stay on red too long and there's just too many of them - it's too hot, our house won't be as big as their house etc etc
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 232Bar
She was th eone in Perth wasn't she - a bit of a whinger - Traffic lights stay on red too long and there's just too many of them - it's too hot, our house won't be as big as their house etc etc
The one your on about 232bar was a winger - typical mentality from the u.k worrying about neighbour having bigger house e.t.c Her om was the brickie from Herts
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:54 pm
CDT
Forum Regular

CDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really niceCDT is just really nice

Anyone remember the family that bought the shop in Bicheno in Tassie?

These guys: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hlight=bicheno

Was the first show I ever saw and wondered if they stuck it out.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 9:58 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
The one your on about 232bar was a winger - typical mentality from the u.k worrying about neighbour having bigger house e.t.c Her om was the brickie from Herts
It is her then - I remember her OH being a brickie - much more chilled out then her. She seemed the type to get us all a bad name. There was the couple (Edwards I think) who left and wen't back to somewhere like Hastings - He loved it here, but she was another hand wringer who 'missed the UK and couldn't settle' He must have been gutted. I've have sent her back on her own, divorce isn't cheap - but it would have been worth it to stay here
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

halcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to allhalcyon 52 is a name known to all

It is her then - I remember her OH being a brickie - much more chilled out then her. She seemed the type to get us all a bad name. There was the couple (Edwards I think) who left and wen't back to somewhere like Hastings - He loved it here, but she was another hand wringer who 'missed the UK and couldn't settle' He must have been gutted. I've have sent her back on her own, divorce isn't cheap - but it would have been worth it to stay here
I understand what you mean.
Are the Aussies very materialistic and this there a noticeable class system - cheers.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by halcyon 52
I understand what you mean.
Are the Aussies very materialistic and this there a noticeable class system - cheers.
They don't seem to be, but she seemed your typical wannabe - nothing was going to be good enough unless it was bigger/better/more shiny than everyone elses
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

They don't seem to be, but she seemed your typical wannabe - nothing was going to be good enough unless it was bigger/better/more shiny than everyone elses
Cheers 232 - bedtime - regards James.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 10:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

TV editing is a brilliant thing isn't it Don't accept everything you see as read. The TV companies don't think it makes good TV to show people enjoying things and getting on with life.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
TV editing is a brilliant thing isn't it Don't accept everything you see as read. The TV companies don't think it makes good TV to show people enjoying things and getting on with life.
Yeah - I can tell the difference between tv land and real land - but they must have thrown away a lot of 'non-whingeing' bits in her case as it was all she did
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:23 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BRICKY ADE
Yeah, I seem to remember one particular programme which featured the women who split from her (Ozzy) husband a day or two before she was due to fly out, but she she still went none the less with no money and security. I think, she managed to get herself a job (at some sort of veterinary, I think ?)

Does any body know anything

BRICKY ADE

She had to apply for PR on the basis of her hubby being violent and she got it. I was so pleased for her. I know they had no money or barely enough to live on.

She got a job running a cattery and it came with some lovely accommodation.

Her son went back to UK and then came back.

I dont know anymore than that but would like to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.