Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A New Life Down Under-1 year on

A New Life Down Under-1 year on

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Manchester UK to Sydney, then decided Gold Coast, stayed there for 8 months and now back in sydney
threlly is on a distinguished road
Default A New Life Down Under-1 year on

Don't know if anyone saw the original series which ran for about 6 weeks a few months ago, well this is an update on 3 of the families. its on CH4 tonight at 8-9. should be worth a watch.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A New Life Down Under-1 year on

Originally posted by threlly
Don't know if anyone saw the original series which ran for about 6 weeks a few months ago, well this is an update on 3 of the families. its on CH4 tonight at 8-9. should be worth a watch.

Thanks for that, we will be glued to the telly tonight, drink in hand!

Sam
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:30 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Life Down Under-1 year on

Originally posted by threlly
Think one of the families is from Perth, so will be watching with a great deal of interest

Walla
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 3:32 pm
Professional Princess

I will be watching too, quite jealous and trying to recognise places and then wanting to smack the television when they complain that 'its not like home'.

Then I will watch Big Brother. (im sorry, i cant help it)

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Will be quite interesting to see how they are doing a year on...obviously not quite as interesting as whats going off in the BB house (I to have the immense displeasure of being sucked into the program and now am addicted!).
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

What a good program on tv tonight.They all stayed in oz that was good if any famliy was watching this program.
I said to paul that looks good that all stayed.Lets hope we all make it work out they.

Ann Marie

Take care
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Was a cracking programme....just a shame they spent 1/2 hr showing bits from the first series.

Am well chuffed for the caterie woman especially, although she was quite reserved when she got the news.

SS
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:15 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Well chuffed for Lorraine. Good on her. Really pleased, she deserved it.

But if the Aussie's want an example of a whinging pom - 'Mandy' (I think that's her name) in Perth. Took the UK attitude with her -'Yes, our house is bigger than next door'. 'You can knit a sweater waiting at the traffic lights'!

Paul.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Yeah, what a pain, especially wanting that conservatory room....surely a bad idea with the heat like it is in Perth!!!!!!

SS
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by diddy

But if the Aussie's want an example of a whinging pom - 'Mandy' (I think that's her name) in Perth. Took the UK attitude with her -'Yes, our house is bigger than next door'. 'You can knit a sweater waiting at the traffic lights'!

Paul.

I'm glad I am not the only one that thought that about her....she just really annoyed the crap out of me ~lol~

I was just so happy for the other 2...they made a real go of it...good for them...

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:25 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Remembered another Mandy quote - 'there don't wear shoes,barefoot, it's so unhygenic'.

Just for her, I'm gonna take my wellies to Oz.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:26 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Paul.
Why on earth did this woman go to Australia? She slagged it and its people off at every opportunity. Topped off with the 'my house is bigger than their house' comment.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Remembered another Mandy quote - 'there don't wear shoes,barefoot, it's so unhygenic'.

Just for her, I'm gonna take my wellies to Oz.

And yet after they left that first party they went to, she was walking down the street carrying her strappy sandles....barefoot!!!

hehehe
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:30 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

As a mum of teenagers I was really pleased to see how the kids all settled eventually, even Lorraines son came back and seemed happier. Didn't see too much of Mandys kids this time though, hope they were ok.

Mandy and Rachel will probably come on the forum soon to let us know I expect.

My mum even rang me to make sure I was watching, She is so supportive of this move. Bless her.

Julia
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wmoore
Why on earth did this woman go to Australia? She slagged it and its people off at every opportunity. Topped off with the 'my house is bigger than their house' comment.
probably edited not to show her in a favourable light. Makes TV boring otherwise. They probably asked her questions that would prompt a negative answer but didn't show the question being asked - just showed the answer which would make her look like a whinger.

Maybe she posts on here and could give her own account of life there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.