Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Kitchens and Flooring in Perth

New Kitchens and Flooring in Perth

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 4:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Kitchens and Flooring in Perth

Morning all

Has anyone used a good reasonably priced kitchen supplier/fitter in Perth. Also looking to re-tile and put wood flooring down in the family area and formal areas. Any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:27 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Kitchens and Flooring in Perth

Originally Posted by northernbird
Morning all

Has anyone used a good reasonably priced kitchen supplier/fitter in Perth. Also looking to re-tile and put wood flooring down in the family area and formal areas. Any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.
Afternoon actually
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Morning all

Thanks in advance.
I heard it was difficult to get people to take tiles up and put wood floor down. I would be interested to hear what people say as I am ruling houses out just because of the tiles.

J
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
I heard it was difficult to get people to take tiles up and put wood floor down. I would be interested to hear what people say as I am ruling houses out just because of the tiles.

J
there are companies that will just come in and rip up tiles, they come in with a jackhammer and do it all in a few hours leaving it perfect for laying new tiles or wood flooring. Plenty of wood flooring showrooms around too.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:23 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Thanks in advance.
Proform in malaga do quality work for kitchens.

www.proform.com.au

Do DIY aswell.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PoppetUK

J
can you not lay the wood over the tiles or screed the floor.

Di
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:28 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harveyhare

Di
Depends on floating floor or not, but also all doors etc would have to be cut down because of the extra height.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

Di
not if you want to do a proper job. My husband says only bodgers would do that kind of thing.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Proform in malaga do quality work for kitchens.

www.proform.com.au

Do DIY aswell.
thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:18 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

not if you want to do a proper job. My husband says only bodgers would do that kind of thing.
<snort>
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

I thought that but we were looking at an investment place the other day and it had a nice wooden floor, the agent said it was layed over a ceramic tiled floor so we could take up the wood if we did not like it, the tiled floor was also new as the place has only just been built. Why someone would lay two floors puzzles me.

Di
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:23 am
sme
......in the sand !

I thought that but we were looking at an investment place the other day and it had a nice wooden floor, the agent said it was layed over a ceramic tiled floor so we could take up the wood if we did not like it, the tiled floor was also new as the place has only just been built. Why someone would lay two floors puzzles me.

Di
Summer floor and winter floor !
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:18 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Di
I guess you could but it wouldn't be the way we would do it. In our case we have slate floors which are not even so wouldn't work for us.
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 8:11 pm

I guess you could but it wouldn't be the way we would do it. In our case we have slate floors which are not even so wouldn't work for us.

What type of flooring are you wanting, hardwood, floating?
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:10 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
What type of flooring are you wanting, hardwood, floating?
The whole entry, formal living and dining, family/kitchen and bedroom corridor are currently slate. We want wood in the formal living and dining and new tile in the rest. We think we are looking about $65/sqm for decent tile and $100/sqm for wood. It is the kitchen though we are struggling with. Don't want a top end kitchen as it isn't big enough but don't want to be paying heaps either. I have no clue how much a kitchen is likely to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.