New job

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:15 pm
Badge

Default New job

Start next Tuesday. Got it quite quickly actually. Out of the blue.

Salary AUS120,000k for an IT job. My point - even for cowboys like me there are jobs out there which pay well. It's not all doom and gloom. Stick with it all you IT newbies.

It will not necessarily be great - but it's money in the bank. Once you get your first job in Melly - and some references - it gets easier. Take care.

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Aug 2nd 2005 at 1:19 pm.

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:18 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New job

Originally Posted by Badge

Salary AUS120,000k for an IT job. My point - even for cowboys like me there are jobs out there which pay well. It's not all doom and gloom. Stick with it all you IT newbies.

Badge
Many congratulations Badge. I hope you enjoy it and they are a good bunch to work with.

Anne
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:21 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Badge
Makes my $40,000 look like pocket money.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:22 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It will not necessarily be great - but it's money in the bank. Once you get your first job in Melly - and some references - it gets easier. Take care.

Badge
Congrats Badge.

You earn 4 times what I do, lol :scared: Oh well, you pay more tax too
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:23 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:23 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Many congratulations Badge. I hope you enjoy it and they are a good bunch to work with.

Anne
Thankyou!
I never hope for a good bunch - I go to work to provide a service. At those rates, you almost don't care how 'nice' people are(!) My wife is pregnant so I want her to not have to work for as long as the kid is at home. As it happens, my new manager seems OK - we seem to get a good understanding going - you know how you can judge someones' character?; well this guy seems like a listener and hands-off in style.

Badge

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:26 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by Simone
Congrats Badge.

You earn 4 times what I do, lol :scared: Oh well, you pay more tax too
indeed. Next time you bulk bill, think of me. lol. I'm working on the tax bizo at the moment. My view is that x amount of y is better than nothing. I could spend money on accountants and own companies but then have to pay public liability. I don't want to do something that gets me a big bill by mistake. Don't hold your breath.

Badge

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

good luck badge and congrats
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

brutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant futurebrutus has a brilliant future

Badge
What do you do Badge? Exactly?
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:21 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Badge - tried to send you some k but it wouldn`t let me
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:32 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Badge
well done, and good luck on the new job, you lucky buggar!!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:40 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Badge
Congratulations on the new job.

What line of I.T. are you in ?

I'm a System Developer (mainframe cobol, DB2, CICS, etc) planning on going to Australia early next year.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Congratulations on the new job.

What line of I.T. are you in ?

I'm a System Developer (mainframe cobol, DB2, CICS, etc) planning on going to Australia early next year.
Hope you're heading to Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra because there's not a lot in that line, anywhere else.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Bounty Girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Gutted! I've just accepted a job at $95,000 in Sydney - Hope I can afford to live there now.
Then again i will be getting a WAFHLA too so hopefully that will make things better
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 2:55 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nickyc
Hope you're heading to Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra because there's not a lot in that line, anywhere else.
Yes I've heard that. I'm actually considering taking a break from I.T. in Australia. Its a very tough job market for mainframe system developers in England (lots and lots of jobs have been offshored to India) and I expect it to be even worse for someone emigrating to Austalia ... so I think I'll try something new.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.