Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New immigrant (Family Tax Benefit + Rent Allowance)

New immigrant (Family Tax Benefit + Rent Allowance)

Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:21 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New immigrant (Family Tax Benefit + Rent Allowance)

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Perhaps you should be telling centrelink this. As immigrants yourselves you were able to access these benefits as well. The fact that you may have had enough cash to support yourselves and your families is great - for you. However, a lot of newcomers need a bit of help. Particularly those who come from the less prosperous areas like the OP.

Asif, check the centrelink website or better yet, go into your nearest office for advice on what help is available to ALL Australian permanent residents.
youve certainly changed your tune last time you replied to one of this guys posts it went like this

`No, he's said he loves his daughter very much, so I think it's safe to assume he couldn't give a monkey's about the unborn one or it's mother.

She's well shot of him IMO. If I were her I'd tell him to **** off to Australia and have a nice life but don't even think of seeing either of your children again.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=773469&page=2
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder why we circle things?

I doubt the initial responses here had anything to do with a general principle at all, they were directed at that particular OP.

('Who ME?!!!!' Perish the thought, it never entered my head.............)
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
youve certainly changed your tune last time you replied to one of this guys posts it went like this

`No, he's said he loves his daughter very much, so I think it's safe to assume he couldn't give a monkey's about the unborn one or it's mother.

She's well shot of him IMO. If I were her I'd tell him to **** off to Australia and have a nice life but don't even think of seeing either of your children again.

I suspect the OP is not expressing himself clearly, BUT: if he is, then he deserves to be criticised-on that thread.

It has nothing to do with the question asked here, orrr 'ang on a tick; it might well have something to do with some responses here...hum?

Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, can we please cut put the "moral judgements" and personal comments to the OP and to each other and stick to advising on the actual question as asked?

Thanks
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What does that have to do with whether anyone is eligible for rent assist or FTB? In that thread he said he had had an arguement with his wife and was taking her and the unborn child off his application and was intending to emigrate with just his first born child. That situation had nothing, I'll say it slowly so you can understand here, N O T H I N G to do with whether he can get help as a new immigrant.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:09 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by campervanfan
So do I ffs why do people get on their high horse about these things? It's a System.....& it's there for exactly this purpose! Same as the UK- would these people who criticise prefer to see others in the gutter starving rather than get a bit of support while they start out? damn shame!
damn shame you didn't do any research before you got on your white charger mate

why not have a good read all about this upstanding individual and his real thoughts towards his wife and family then come back and have a pop at me
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:10 am
Worongary

What does that have to do with whether anyone is eligible for rent assist or FTB? In that thread he said he had had an arguement with his wife and was taking her and the unborn child off his application and was intending to emigrate with just his first born child. That situation had nothing, I'll say it slowly so you can understand here, N O T H I N G to do with whether he can get help as a new immigrant.
rubbish morally it has everything to do with it,
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:14 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

rubbish morally it has everything to do with it,
Morally, perhaps. But legally every immigrant on a PR visa is entitled to FTB and rent assistance.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:15 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is fast heading for closure....just saying, like.......
Old Jul 20th 2013, 1:16 am
Worongary

Morally, perhaps. But legally every immigrant on a PR visa is entitled to FTB and rent assistance.
totally correct dorothy i just hope he dosnt get here,
Old Jul 20th 2013, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

This 'upstanding individual' took a drubbing on another thread. Probably well deserved. That has influenced response to him on this thread, yet the question he asked applies to so many.

ALL those who may have to seek this assistance should not be judged negatively, because the OP blotted his copybook elsewhere.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 2:25 am
Home and Happy

well deserved or not there was a request to drop the subject.

The OP has been given the Centrelink info which will help him to obtain any benefits to which he may be legally entitled. Therefore I am closing the thread.