Reload this Page >

New Here - moving to Perth

New Here - moving to Perth

Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

VanyaMike is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New Here - moving to Perth

Hi everyone,

I've just registered after reading all the positive feedback on moving to Oz.

Me and my husband (Vanya & Mike) are seriously thinking of moving to Oz, Perth in particularly, our best friends and their kids would have arrived today in Perth today to start their new life, so I'm sure we'll get lots of feedback from them.

We have thought of moving to Oz for many years, but have continually changed our minds, probably because it has never been the right time. However, things have drastically changed as I am now 12weeks pregnant with our first baby, and we want what will be best for us and our future family, Mike has always said if we have kids he wouldn't want to bring them up in the UK. Also I think we are both ready for a change and a new challenge in life, we're also getting fed up with life in the UK.

It seems a lot of people move to OZ without ever having been before. What are everyones opinions on this? We were going to visit our friends late next years, with our new bundle of joy, but we're quite tempted to just stick the house on the market and see what happens. Obviously we know we can't go until sometime after baby is born.

It's such a mine field of information we don't know where to start :curse:

I don't think jobs should be too much of a problem, as I am a nurse and Mike works in sales and is a DJ.

Have many people shipped their belongings, or sold and bought new?

And, most importantly (don't think Mike will agree ) we have 2 cats, who I couldn't leave. Have many people flown their animals over, and what has it been like? I believe quarantine is quite good, and you can go visit your pets. Our friends dogs flies out on 9th Oct, woof.
My only worries with cats is them eating a deadly spider, and coming home finding them dead, also the heat

Any tips and advice would be most grateful.

Looking forward to joining in the forum.

Cheers

Mike and Vanya
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Here - moving to Perth

Originally Posted by VanyaMike
Hi everyone,

I've just registered after reading all the positive feedback on moving to Oz.

Me and my husband (Vanya & Mike) are seriously thinking of moving to Oz, Perth in particularly, our best friends and their kids would have arrived today in Perth today to start their new life, so I'm sure we'll get lots of feedback from them.

We have thought of moving to Oz for many years, but have continually changed our minds, probably because it has never been the right time. However, things have drastically changed as I am now 12weeks pregnant with our first baby, and we want what will be best for us and our future family, Mike has always said if we have kids he wouldn't want to bring them up in the UK. Also I think we are both ready for a change and a new challenge in life, we're also getting fed up with life in the UK.

It seems a lot of people move to OZ without ever having been before. What are everyones opinions on this? We were going to visit our friends late next years, with our new bundle of joy, but we're quite tempted to just stick the house on the market and see what happens. Obviously we know we can't go until sometime after baby is born.

It's such a mine field of information we don't know where to start :curse:

I don't think jobs should be too much of a problem, as I am a nurse and Mike works in sales and is a DJ.

Have many people shipped their belongings, or sold and bought new?

And, most importantly (don't think Mike will agree ) we have 2 cats, who I couldn't leave. Have many people flown their animals over, and what has it been like? I believe quarantine is quite good, and you can go visit your pets. Our friends dogs flies out on 9th Oct, woof.
My only worries with cats is them eating a deadly spider, and coming home finding them dead, also the heat

Any tips and advice would be most grateful.

Looking forward to joining in the forum.

Cheers

Mike and Vanya
Hi,
Perths a great place, especially to bring up kids. The people who don't like it tend to want British city life in the sunshine, in whihc case go elsewhere. If you like outdoor life, great climate, less queuing, generally friendly outgoing people, beach and great place to walk and good food then Perth is good. People normally miss their friends and family after a monthn or so and the realisation that they are so far away.. so it is good your best friends are here.

We shipped two cats, they were fine although a couple of months after ariving safetly we put them into kennels when we went away for work and one died, i think the kennles was negligent but i guess the accumulated stress probably played a part. Cost of shipping two cats will be not far off region of £2000 with all the shipping and quarentine fees. 20ft container for all your goods another £3500. Plus the costs of visas..it aint cheap getting here

Good luck and if you need any additional info me or other people on here will always help.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

VanyaMike is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Chrispy for reply.

Most helpful. What companies did you use for shipping cats and belongings?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

martin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nicemartin36-1 is just really nice

Hi Vanya and Mike,

We are using John Masons for our furniture shipping costing aroung £3,500.00 and Airpets for our dog at around £2,000.00 with quarantine and injections.
We fly out on Jan 25th with our 3 kids. Never been to Oz before but what the hell, cant be any worse than here and you dont get the long depressing winters.
Good luck whatever you decide and with the birth of your baby.

Martin