Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The new government

The new government

Old Nov 25th 2007, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default The new government

If you are interested in what the government stands for (and have an afternoon free) you can read the governments polices here:

http://www.alp.org.au/policy/index.php

The policy statement on immigration is a little thin! But there is lots of information elsewhere (e.g. housing, interest rates, education etc.)

Interesting reading.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The new government

Basically imagine a clone of Tony Blair and New Labour and you won't go far wrong. Scary stuff. Thought I'd seen the last of President Blair and then he's reborn in Oz as the Ruddbot :curse: (and before I get slated let me just add that I'm a lifelong Labour voter but just can't stand the all things to all people, no substance style of politics that Blair and Rudd represent).
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:57 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanH
Basically imagine a clone of Tony Blair and New Labour and you won't go far wrong. Scary stuff. Thought I'd seen the last of President Blair and then he's reborn in Oz as the Ruddbot :curse: (and before I get slated let me just add that I'm a lifelong Labour voter but just can't stand the all things to all people, no substance style of politics that Blair and Rudd represent).
I would settle for another Blair. My real fear is we have Arthur Scargill for PM.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by worzel
I would settle for another Blair. My real fear is we have Arthur Scargill for PM.
I don't think you've got any worries on that front. Rudd is as more Arthur Daley than Arthur Scargill!
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:02 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember him in "The Strike" ... Al Pacino played him to perfection ...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

No, you have Arthur Scargill as Deputy PM.