British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   new girl (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/new-girl-370015/)

parker1 Apr 26th 2006 6:58 pm

new girl

Hi guys...
am new to this but myslef and hubby to be are almost at the end of our visa process to get us to Oz....Adelaide to be precise once we have our medicals we could be going this time next year....any advice and is it as good I dream it will be????

leechy100 Apr 26th 2006 7:14 pm

Re: new girl

Originally Posted by parker1
Hi guys...
am new to this but myslef and hubby to be are almost at the end of our visa process to get us to Oz....Adelaide to be precise once we have our medicals we could be going this time next year....any advice and is it as good I dream it will be????

Hi welcome to the site, I am sure you will find some very useful advice on here. Everybody is very friendly and will help you in any way they can, good luck with the visa, Nicky x :)

parker1 Apr 26th 2006 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by leechy100
Hi welcome to the site, I am sure you will find some very useful advice on here. Everybody is very friendly and will help you in any way they can, good luck with the visa, Nicky x :)

Thanks Nicky....are you moving out there then? Where are you up to?

crystal113 Apr 26th 2006 7:19 pm

Hi guys...

Hello and welcome - I only joined the other day as well. We too are heading for Adelaide. Hopefully we are near the end of the process - our medicals are flying to Sydney as we speak. Hope to be out there before Christmas!!
Good Luck :)

parker1 Apr 26th 2006 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by crystal113
Hello and welcome - I only joined the other day as well. We too are heading for Adelaide. Hopefully we are near the end of the process - our medicals are flying to Sydney as we speak. Hope to be out there before Christmas!!
Good Luck :)

cool any reason you chose there and do you have work???

crystal113 Apr 26th 2006 7:24 pm

cool any reason you chose there and do you have work???

At the time of application hubby didn't have enough point so we went State Territory Nominated. He's on Skills in Demand list now so we could go anywhere - but as we've got used to the idea of going to Adelaide we're gonna stick with it. No haven't got work lined up but I'd happily do anything!!

Juliecabs Apr 26th 2006 7:25 pm

Hi and welcome on here :)
Fire away with any questions you have and we'll do our best to help.
Julie. x

Vash the Stampede Apr 26th 2006 7:27 pm

Hi guys...

Click here for an Australian real estate Website and have a good look around. (South Australian real estate may be found here.) :)

Welcome to the forum, and best of British with everything! :cool:

leechy100 Apr 26th 2006 7:28 pm

Thanks Nicky....are you moving out there then? Where are you up to?

We are planning on going to Perth. We have passed TRA and visa application should be going in this week or early next, Nicky x

Vash the Stampede Apr 26th 2006 7:28 pm

Hi guys...

Here's a list of nice places to visit in South Australia:

:)

parker1 Apr 26th 2006 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

wow thanks guys will chat more soon I hope and find out how your all getting on....thought was the only one going through it!!!

brionyj Apr 27th 2006 12:22 pm

HI,

I've never been to Adelaide but South Australia is home to the WolfBlass wineries so it can't be bad.....I just love the fizzy stuff that used to be called Champagne till the frogs banned anyone else using the name (I think!). Anyway, they do really good reds, whites too, so I'd buy a place close by if I were you. In fact go to your local Sainsburys today and buy a bottle (or one of each type). It will get you into the Aussie spirit perfectly.

Bri