Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New friends wanted!

New friends wanted!

Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

annette christie is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up New friends wanted!

Hi there, new to the site today. Moved from England to the Sunshine Coast, near Coolum 2 years ago, with my husband & 2 boys aged 11 & 13. Looking to meet some new people living in my neck of the woods. :fingerscrossed:
Old Apr 27th 2010, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: New friends wanted!

[QUOTE=annette christie;8524663][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi there, new to the site today. Moved from England to the Sunshine Coast, (near Coolum) 2 years ago, with my husband & 2 boys aged 11 & 13. Looking to meet some new people living in my neck of the woods.
Old Apr 27th 2010, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Red face Re: New friends wanted!

Hi

Just wanted to say hello, but I live on the Gold Coast sorry,

Paula
Old Apr 27th 2010, 10:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I hope alls well on the Gold Coast.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Yandi4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New friends wanted!

Hi annette, we're not far from you, 20 mins from Coolum. My husband and I have two boys as well, age 12 and 15. How are you enjoying the Sunny Coast?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:41 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=annette christie;8524666]
Originally Posted by annette christie
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi there, new to the site today. Moved from England to the Sunshine Coast, (near Coolum) 2 years ago, with my husband & 2 boys aged 11 & 13. Looking to meet some new people living in my neck of the woods.
Originally Posted by Yandi4
Hi annette, we're not far from you, 20 mins from Coolum. My husband and I have two boys as well, age 12 and 15. How are you enjoying the Sunny Coast?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Hi there - Really enjoying it - love the lifestyle & we are now settled in our own home which is great. Are you north of us or south? Do your boys play any sports? Mine are playing Rugby Union at Noosa. How long have you been living here?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Hi, we've been here six years, now living about 20 mins west of Coolum. Our boys have dropped the rugby and soccer this year in favour of motorcross and trail riding. We all love it here and the boys are more australian than english by now of course. Which part of England did you used to call home?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi I came from Manchester & my husband from Doncaster although we spent a lot of time in the south of England as we were both in the Royal Navy. I left to have the boys & lived just above Portsmouth in Hampshire. Where are you from? The boys have some great hobbies, mine would love to do that - it's me holding them back not ready for it yet.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:04 am
Just Joined

Hi Annette. We lived in Dorset not far from Poole and Bournemouth. Still have family there which is difficult sometimes being so far away, especially christmas time. Do you find that? So are you guys here on a temp visa or are you citizens now? Have you managed to find work ok here on the coast?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Hi we know Dorset - lovely place. We are just about to take our test, just keep putting it off as we run out of time to study. We will do it soon though.
Yes we found work - my husband has just started his fourth job in 2 and a half years, very strange to us as he was in his UK job for 27 years. I have 2 jobs, one being my own business that I run alongside my cleaning job. Its where I get paid evertime someone pays their phonebill. Just bought a Video Phone so I can see my family in the UK, 100% better than Skype & I call them for free on it plus for $25 a month I get all local and national calls for free. Have you managed to find jobs?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Hi we know Dorset - lovely place. We are just about to take our test, just keep putting it off as we run out of time to study. We will do it soon though.
Yes we found work - my husband has just started his fourth job in 2 and a half years, very strange to us as he was in his UK job for 27 years. I have 2 jobs, one being my own business that I run alongside my cleaning job. Its where I get paid evertime someone pays their phonebill. Just bought a Video Phone so I can see my family in the UK, 100% better than Skype & I call them for free on it plus for $25 a month I get all local and national calls for free. Have you managed to find jobs?
Hi again. The videophone sounds like a great idea as skype isn't up to the job yet is it. I'm tied into a plan with Telstra at the moment so may have to wait to be able to do that. As for work, we run a small transport business bringing freight up to the coast from Brisbane, although to be honest it's a bit quiet at the moment.

So, it's a public holiday weekend this week - do you guys want to meet up for a coffee? Maybe we could meet at the Coffee Club at Coolum and the boys can go across to the skate park or the beach if they want to. We haven't decided when we're going riding yet so at the moment we're flexible with which day. What do you think?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi just waiting for the boys rugby fixtures & a few other things to sort out for the w/e but would love to meet up. Will let you know.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Amanda Surridge is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=annette christie;8524666]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi there, new to the site today. Moved from England to the Sunshine Coast, (near Coolum) 2 years ago, with my husband & 2 boys aged 11 & 13. Looking to meet some new people living in my neck of the woods.
Hi annette, I'm living on the Sunshine Coast, with my husband and two children, we have been here 18 months now, we are just out side Mooloolaba, so not far from you.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi, great to hear from you. I hope you have settled in OK now.Do you like where you are living it's a great area, near to everything. How old are your children?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.