Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New to the forum

New to the forum

Old May 12th 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

NatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really nice
Default New to the forum

Hi all, we are new to this forum so i just wanted to introduce us and hopefully make some new friends along the way. I'm Natalie,my hubbys Dominic and we have 4 children,Niamh,10,Conal,8,Erin,4 and Fintan,3. We are in the early stages, Dom is a carpenter and is doing his practical vetassess 23rd july, then we are hoping main visa application will go off the end of july. We are hopefully heading for Perth on a 175 or 176 visa next May
Bye for now Natalie
Old May 12th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Swing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura aboutSwing-Your-Pants has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to the forum

Hey Guys and welcome to BE.
This site will give you all the info you need for your new life in Perth.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Natalie. You've found the right place for info (and insults if you're lucky - I've never been that lucky yet!! ) Would you be Irish by any chance?

cheers
shears
Old May 12th 2009, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

NatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really niceNatandDom is just really nice

Hi Shears i'm not Irish but my Hubby Dom is, he's from Coleraine Co Derry. We are checking out areas around Perth to live and jobs for Dom. We're frustrated with all the waiting but as they say all good things come to those who wait. Where abouts are you?
Nat.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your welcome Swing-your -pants, we may need some pointers about your area. We have friends in Bunbury and Woodvale. Great name lol
Nat.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nat - in Brisbane for past 20 mths. From Dublin originally. It was the kids' names was the giveaway! I know it's so frustrating; everything's out of your hands, you've no control over any of it. Had to go through it for the student visa we're out here on, and now all over again for PR - medicals, forms, paper, paper, paper

Annie
Old May 12th 2009, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Hi Annie, funny i met Dom in Dublin. We are heading to Perth as we have friends in Bunbury and hopefully my parents will retire to us in a few years time.I know what you mean, it all seems like pay out pay out but i'm sure its worth it in the end.We are looking for a better future for the children and more family time together. How are you enjoying Brisbine? Have you settled in to Aussie life?
Nat xxx
Old May 12th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

We really like it here. Have 2 children, aged almost 13, and 10, they've coped really well with the move. Our youngest gets a bit homesick for family back home but he has some cousins/aunties/uncles here so it's a bit easier. Yep, we're in for the long haul if they'll let us......
Old May 12th 2009, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

I'm sure they will, its been good to chat to you, hope to catch up again soon
Nat xxx
Old May 12th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site! Prepare for your backside to get larger as you spend countless hours researching everything and anything
i live just outside of Bunbury and work there so maybe we will meet up one day. I have a daughter of 16 and a 13 year old son here with me. My eldest is still in the UK. Are your friends on this site? i met some fab friends through here which is the main reason we settled so quickly and well
Old May 12th 2009, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the welcome. Our friends in Bunbury have lived there for around 25 years, its my mums friend who she has known for over 30 years but we really class them as family.Mum and dad have been over 3 or 4 times but we've never made it until now and hopefully ours will be a one way trip.I've been reading loads of posts on the forum, its so useful. I also have friends in Woodvale but i think we'll stick with Bunbury for now. It would be great to meet up, i've noticed on the site they have meet ups which is fantastic, when your a long way from the uk i guess it could be lonely. We are a very friendly family and will be looking forward to meeting lots of new friends. Hope to chat again.
Natalie.
Old May 12th 2009, 7:25 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NatandDom
Hi, thanks for the welcome. Our friends in Bunbury have lived there for around 25 years, its my mums friend who she has known for over 30 years but we really class them as family.Mum and dad have been over 3 or 4 times but we've never made it until now and hopefully ours will be a one way trip.I've been reading loads of posts on the forum, its so useful. I also have friends in Woodvale but i think we'll stick with Bunbury for now. It would be great to meet up, i've noticed on the site they have meet ups which is fantastic, when your a long way from the uk i guess it could be lonely. We are a very friendly family and will be looking forward to meeting lots of new friends. Hope to chat again.
Natalie.
Hi Natalie,

All the best with your move it will be worth it in the end I'm sure!

Carol
Old May 12th 2009, 7:27 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NatandDom
Hi all, we are new to this forum so i just wanted to introduce us and hopefully make some new friends along the way. I'm Natalie,my hubbys Dominic and we have 4 children,Niamh,10,Conal,8,Erin,4 and Fintan,3. We are in the early stages, Dom is a carpenter and is doing his practical vetassess 23rd july, then we are hoping main visa application will go off the end of july. We are hopefully heading for Perth on a 175 or 176 visa next May
Bye for now Natalie
We have been to Bunbury travelling very nice a beautiful piece of the world.

Carol
Old May 13th 2009, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks Carol, what are your plans for Australia?
Natalie.