Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New Fixed Speed Camera - Northbound M1

New Fixed Speed Camera - Northbound M1

Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Fixed Speed Camera - Northbound M1

When heading from the coast they have installed fixed speed cameras to capture the 4 north bound lanes of traffic on the M1 between Beenleigh and Loganholme.

The cameras are attached to the northern side of the Logan Motorway bridge that crosses the M1.

Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:47 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Fixed Speed Camera - Northbound M1

Originally Posted by NedKelly
When heading from the coast they have installed fixed speed cameras to capture the 4 north bound lanes of traffic on the M1 between Beenleigh and Loganholme.

The cameras are attached to the northern side of the Logan Motorway bridge that crosses the M1.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1927/03122010586.jpg
Excellent, more people coughing up tax.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Excellent, more people coughing up tax.
Yes indeed. If only there were some way of making sure you didn't get a speeding ticket....
Old Dec 9th 2010, 3:55 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
Yes indeed. If only there were some way of making sure you didn't get a speeding ticket....
It's blatant revenue raising, why can't they concentrate on catching proper criminals.

<sent via SMS while driving through a school zone>
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, well at least in that area, Australia is only 10 years behind the UK rather than the usual 20 years in all other areas.

Another 10 years, and they'll start turning the speed cameras off like they have in the UK.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
Oh, well at least in that area, Australia is only 10 years behind the UK rather than the usual 20 years in all other areas.

Another 10 years, and they'll start turning the speed cameras off like they have in the UK.
Or paint them yellow at least, so everyone knows where they are (including TomTom) and doesn't speed past them.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

B1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud ofB1K3R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by James516
If only there were some way of making sure you didn't get a speeding ticket....
Being new to Brissy, I'll be using GPS in my car. You can also upload speed cameras and set alarms for speed/approaching cameras.

This might save me from being caught, not that I'll speed, but sometimes I get alienated!!!!

Now in some countries in Europe this is illegal and cops can stop ye and check if you have speed cameras alarms uploaded in your GPS.

When I was in Spain for a holiday, this was a God sent

Do cops check these things in OZ?

Cheers
B!K3R
Old Dec 10th 2010, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1927/03122010586.jpg
what really annoys me is when the cops have the speed gun on motorists in a 60kmh zone. Why arent they out on the motorway catching the real idiots who are more likely going to kill someone!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by B1K3R
Being new to Brissy, I'll be using GPS in my car. You can also upload speed cameras and set alarms for speed/approaching cameras.

This might save me from being caught, not that I'll speed, but sometimes I get alienated!!!!

Now in some countries in Europe this is illegal and cops can stop ye and check if you have speed cameras alarms uploaded in your GPS.

When I was in Spain for a holiday, this was a God sent

Do cops check these things in OZ?

Cheers
B!K3R
I have Tom Tom on my iPhone and it bleeps when there is a speed or red-light camera. Don't know how up to date they keep them. They use mobile cameras a lot around SE Queensland & not necessarily in marked vehicles. Best to keep under the limit. I use cruise control a lot & I'm sure that's saved me from a ticket or two!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:45 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by medwaymark
I use cruise control a lot & I'm sure that's saved me from a ticket or two!
I've spoken to a LOT f people given speeding tickets when using cruise control. Its too easy to forget about your speed and then find that as the road has a slight 2% downhill gradient the cars speed creeps up.

Originally Posted by sassie
what really annoys me is when the cops have the speed gun on motorists in a 60kmh zone. Why arent they out on the motorway catching the real idiots who are more likely going to kill someone!
???? You dont think people get killed on 60kmh streets? I'm not sure of the stats, but Id be surprised if 60kmh zones werent overrepresented. Suburbia is where people are going slow enough to 'zone out' and there are still LOTS of hazards like pedestrians, cars pulling out, slow buses, unexpected traffic lights etc etc. By comparison 100kmh roads tend to be straight and relatively hazard free.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 3:55 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I've spoken to a LOT f people given speeding tickets when using cruise control. Its too easy to forget about your speed and then find that as the road has a slight 2% downhill gradient the cars speed creeps up.<snip>
Er, I thought all cruise controls maintained a constant speed regardless of gradient ... well, ours does anyway ...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 4:07 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Er, I thought all cruise controls maintained a constant speed regardless of gradient ... well, ours does anyway ...
Lucky you - any car I've ever driven (90's Honda, '00 LandRover, '05 Toyota, '04 Holden, '09 Holden, '09 Ford, '09 Toyota) only ever had cruise control that stops your minimum speed dropping below the trigger. It had no effect whatsoever on 'runaway acceleration' - ergo you are MORE likely to get done speeding with CC on than not!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I've spoken to a LOT f people given speeding tickets when using cruise control. Its too easy to forget about your speed and then find that as the road has a slight 2% downhill gradient the cars speed creeps up.

???? You dont think people get killed on 60kmh streets? I'm not sure of the stats, but Id be surprised if 60kmh zones werent overrepresented. Suburbia is where people are going slow enough to 'zone out' and there are still LOTS of hazards like pedestrians, cars pulling out, slow buses, unexpected traffic lights etc etc. By comparison 100kmh roads tend to be straight and relatively hazard free.
the 60kmh zone I'm talking about is a relatively quiet service road, well away from suburbia with only 1 turning and no pedestrian activity whatsoever.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 5:17 am
Mostly Harmless

Lucky you - any car I've ever driven (90's Honda, '00 LandRover, '05 Toyota, '04 Holden, '09 Holden, '09 Ford, '09 Toyota) only ever had cruise control that stops your minimum speed dropping below the trigger. It had no effect whatsoever on 'runaway acceleration' - ergo you are MORE likely to get done speeding with CC on than not!
Interesting, I will do some experiments ... below the speed limit
Old Dec 13th 2010, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting, I will do some experiments ... below the speed limit
Try the hilly areas at say 60kph and see what it does by the time you get to the crest. It's quite scary/fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.