Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

new family introduction

Wikiposts

new family introduction

Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new family introduction

Hi lisa,thanks for recommending these places,could be most helpful we ll check them out and look at properties in these areas,do you have any idea what the job market is like gary is a design engineer or in general management,could you reccomend any agencies.I understand from your post that youhave been in oz a number of years, what do you think to the lifestyle.Thanks by the way for replying to my personel message sorry i havent got round to answering yet,but yes we have decided on brisbane,and i will be seeking a job we ve just got to sort out what area is best for us to live,i find it interesting what you say about not being able to get good hairdressers and nail techs we seem to have to many where i live in peterborough.Any information on areas or work would be gratefully recieved,having a 16yr old daughter plenty for her to do is a must,look forward to hearing from you,tracey.
Originally Posted by lisaxxx
[Hello,I'll talkto you!
If you are looking at going to Brisbane, on the northside (of the river)
nice suburbs are
Albany Creek
Bridgeman Downs (bit expensive but nice)
Cashmere (mainly acreage)
Carseldine
Eatons Hill
McDowall
inner northern suburbs tend to have older houses called Queenslanders which are timber houses with nice architectual touches, or replicas but are a bit over priced in my opinion. Depends on what you like, ofcourse.
Windsor
Wilston (the premier Peter Beatie lives here)
Gordon Park

Can't tell you much about the southside as I don't live there .
West
The Gap
Upper Kedron
Ashgrove
Ascot

East
Birkdale
and any of the bayside suburbs but all seem to be getting expensive now.
Hope this helps
Lisa