Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Relatives for Relationship points

Aussie Relatives for Relationship points

Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Aussie Relatives for Relationship points

Hi,
Bit of a strange one:
I have an Uncle who is an Aussie Citizen but lives in UK. Can I claim the points if I persuade him to fill in forms 28 & 40?
This would be for GSM (136).
thanks in advance for any help.

Nige
Old Aug 14th 2004, 1:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Relatives for Relationship points

Originally Posted by njk435
Hi,
Bit of a strange one:
I have an Uncle who is an Aussie Citizen but lives in UK. Can I claim the points if I persuade him to fill in forms 28 & 40?
This would be for GSM (136).
thanks in advance for any help.

Nige
It would be subclass 138 if sponsored, not 136.

If an Australian citizen resident outside Australia wants to sponsor for skilled sponsored, the first question DIMIA are going to ask is how is he going to fulfil his sponsorship obligations as detailed in form 40.

The second question is who's going to be the assurer - one must be usually resident in Australia and meet the income (and other) criteria and your uncle will most likely not qualify for that. Is there anyone else in place who is able and willing to act as assurer?

If you can think of good answers to the above two questions, then hire a good agent to assist you (as you will need it) - otherwise forget the idea of sponsored migration and look at other options.

Jeremy
Old Aug 14th 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Aussie Relatives for Relationship points

Cheers Jeremy.

I thought it was too easy....

Just have to stick with a 136, unless the Aussie Army transfer works out

Nige