Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

New family to australia

New family to australia

Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

spacekitty23 is on a distinguished road
Talking New family to australia

Hello i'm a new member to this and me and my partner are looking into moving to perth, australia, i've found loads and loads of info about migration, but not many jobs sites!!!
my partner is a carpenter skill level 2 and we both know that we have a chance of getting a visa. the only problem is i'm tring to research and i cannot find out how much a carpenter gets paid as i am trying to find out whether or not we can afford for me not to work (just had baby no 2) we're not looking to move for the next 1 or 2 years, but need to save before hand.
my sister lives in perth now and i dont want her to know about me moving out there as it will be a nice surprise lol otherwise i would be asking her all these questions and not bothering all you lovely people

we will be very very grateful for any help or links as i dont know where to start! lol

thanks

sarah

ps sorry i went on a bit...i havent a clue what to write lol
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:19 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New family to australia

Originally Posted by spacekitty23
Hello i'm a new member to this and me and my partner are looking into moving to perth, australia, i've found loads and loads of info about migration, but not many jobs sites!!!
my partner is a carpenter skill level 2 and we both know that we have a chance of getting a visa. the only problem is i'm tring to research and i cannot find out how much a carpenter gets paid as i am trying to find out whether or not we can afford for me not to work (just had baby no 2) we're not looking to move for the next 1 or 2 years, but need to save before hand.
my sister lives in perth now and i dont want her to know about me moving out there as it will be a nice surprise lol otherwise i would be asking her all these questions and not bothering all you lovely people

we will be very very grateful for any help or links as i dont know where to start! lol

thanks

sarah

Welcome to the forum
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: New family to australia

thank you
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi welcome to the forum have sent you some welcoming karma.
Can't answer your questions as not there yet the job site I know of is seek.com.au

Good luck in your search
Chris
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

thank you...ive tried seek but its all for trainee chippies lol my search goes on!!!

ps cheers for the karma lol
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:29 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

http://getaccess.westone.wa.gov.au/c...data/OCC57.asp this is a government site and will give you an idea of wages etc. You could also try the West Australian newspaper site (don`t the link for that one though)
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:32 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by spacekitty23

thanks

sarah

Hi and welcome. If you need anything answering, you arew almost sure to find someone here that will have the info required. Not exactly sure as to the pay for carpenters, but try these few sites. Might find what you are looking for.

http://www.jobsearch.gov.au/

http://www.zdnet.com.au/jobs/

http://www.bcl.com.au/perth/jobs.htm

http://www.findoz.com/australia/j/job/readme.htm

Neil
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

that was a great site thank you!!! more info than ive got in a week lol
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

thank you 2 (i say that alot dont i lol)

i dint think i would get so many replys that quickly lol

Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:36 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
http://getaccess.westone.wa.gov.au/c...data/OCC57.asp this is a government site and will give you an idea of wages etc. You could also try the West Australian newspaper site (don`t the link for that one though)
Just to say when you go on this page make sure you look right down as it has a lot of possibly useful contact numbers
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

thanks gobbyjock info much needed!!!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 8:46 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
[url] You could also try the West Australian newspaper site (don`t the link for that one though)
Here is the link for the paper.

http://www.thewest.com.au/
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:19 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...&AscoCode=4411

The Government Career/Job site, this page gives you basic info on wages/unemployment rates/regional info etc and there are links to the Government jobs database of available positions too.

The three main online job sites are www.seek.com.au www.mycareer.com.au and www.careerone.com.au although very few jobs list salaries.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Poms in Perth website/forum may be able to help

Best of luck
Old Apr 5th 2005, 1:41 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

you could also try some of the house builders, i know they mostly all subcontract but they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.