Reload this Page >

New driving test rules SA as of today

Wikiposts

New driving test rules SA as of today

Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

Ruffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New driving test rules SA as of today

Good news for anyone SA bound, as of today they come into line with the rest of Australia no more practical driving tests for those of us who hold full UK licences. We just wish that they had done this last week when the wife and I took and failed the pracrical test. Our new test were booked for next week and we had been taking lessons on how to drive Australian style. We were advised by the examiner that we no longer needed to take a test. What a relief
Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:38 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: New driving test rules SA as of today

Originally posted by Ruffy
Good news for anyone SA bound, as of today they come into line with the rest of Australia no more practical driving tests for those of us who hold full UK licences. We just wish that they had done this last week when the wife and I took and failed the pracrical test. Our new test were booked for next week and we had been taking lessons on how to drive Australian style. We were advised by the examiner that we no longer needed to take a test. What a relief

Ohhh i like that Love driving, but HATE the test!

So is there a written test or anything? Or do you just hand over your cash an get an aus licence?

Pete.
Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

YiPPPEEEE
Old Nov 9th 2003, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Pete Y
there is a two part theory test, no need to book or anything just roll up pay your fee and take the test. The first part is all about the give way rules the second is multiple choice.
Once you've done that you can exchange your UK licence for a brand new SA one with photo(so make sure you take your hair brush.
Old Nov 10th 2003, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ruffy If this is true its good news for us as we`ve been studying the road rules and the wife has been nervous about taking the practical.I tried to find it on sa transport web but no mention.What driving school did you use? thanks jockney
Old Nov 10th 2003, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Jockney
after we were told by our examiner we tried to check it out on the tranport SA web site but they still had the old info. We then phoned the guy who failed us to check it out he also confirmed that as of yesterday morning no more practical. He was from Elite Driving school. All you need to do now is swot up on the road rules especially the give way rules and take your theory test.
Whereabout in Glenelg are you ? we are in Glenelg North and have been over here since the end of July.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Jockney
after we were told by our examiner we tried to check it out on the tranport SA web site but they still had the old info. We then phoned the guy who failed us to check it out he also confirmed that as of yesterday morning no more practical. He was from Elite Driving school. All you need to do now is swot up on the road rules especially the give way rules and take your theory test.
Whereabout in Glenelg are you ? we are in Glenelg North and have been over here since the end of July.
Hi We have been here since 24th sept and have taken a rental for 12 months in glenelg south ,broadway,near the esplanade kiosk.Whats glenelg north like? We`ve been looking at properties there this week was off mc farlane only 20 mins ago.Although we`ve taken the rental if we see the right thing it would`nt stop us taking the plunge.Are you gumside or patawolonga side of tapleys hill rd?
What`s your local
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's the link to practice for your theory test, part 1 and 2...

http://www.raa.net/page.asp?TerID=192&rnd=0.7186403

Can't believe we just wasted $120 on the test only on Saturday, and put ourselves through all the stress too...

Mash

PS - Obviously pleased for you lot though..

Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point

took my test in melbourne to day took about 15 mins they allow you 45. 32 multiple choice questions 75% you will know or are commonsense eg what makes you drowsey when you drive a... fresh air b... a fair bit of alchohol c... a drink of coffee.!! .I got 88% guy next to me got 74% and still passed .they don't tell you what questions you got wrong just which books you need to check up on.Yea right lets get photo done and get me outta here.Some questions are pure guess because unless you've had lessons here you won't have any idea what there on about.
David (licensed to drive)